Hen23's Journal~Goodbye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Here are some pics from our Nubian meet and greet:

Black with white spots is Stella. She is spectacularly beautiful! The whitish airplane ears belong to Donki. She is a doll who followed us all like a dog. The brownish is Mertle. She didn't really pay an attention to us and we didn't really warm up to her. The kids were all cute as buttons. The buck was a Nigerian Dwarf so they're mini-Nubians. Loved them! I won't say anymore about who we're thinking of yet. We have a definite favorite.
It was so cool meeting Free in person. She is just exactly like you'd expect her to be! I'm so grateful that she was there to ask questions I wouldn't have thought of. It was a fairly relaxing time hanging out in the pasture with everyone. The owner had to leave for a meeting which was about the only pressure!

IMG_0143.jpg

IMG_0147.jpg

IMG_0156.jpg

IMG_0141.jpg

IMG_0140.jpg

IMG_0136.jpg

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Great pics!! It was just that beautiful there, too. So peaceful. The coat on that calf is amazingly soft and silky, it was hard to keep my hands off him.

Stelllllllaaaaaaaaa!!!!! Why-oh-why does she have to be so stinkin' gorgeous?!?!?!?

I felt a bit shy at first, didn't you, H23? I wish we'd had more time. We seemed to warm up towards the time to leave and had so much to say! We will have to get together again, and if you are up to the drive, you are welcome to come for a cheesemaking lesson. Feta, of course. Yum!!!

Once you have gallons of milk to deal with, of course! :lol:

I'll tell y'all, her little boy is SO cute and SOOOOO good! Sweet, quiet, well-behaved, just a darling. His teacher needs a spanking. I'll volunteer for the job....got me a good beatin' stick or two..... :D

And H's dh is also a sweetheart....he would fit in here so perfectly. I heard about his dump connection and his great finds and knew he was a kindred spirit..... :gig

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
I am a bit shy! If we'd had time to sit somewhere over a cold beer or a cup of coffee I bet we'd have gotten talking and been there for hours. Well, lawn chairs in the pasture with a cold beer and I think we both would have been in heaven! DH was really tired. He's not usually that quiet. DS isn't either but he was having fun chasing the kids. DH is on the hunt for a tractor tire for a swing for him. ;)
I almost wish the pictures weren't soooo good of Stella. She is stunning! I wish I could bring two home. I really do. But there's just no way! I want to email Paul with our decision tomorrow if not tonight. I think our minds are made up. I think. I guess it's good to have a back up just in case.

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
I was wondering which of my two goats had the nubian sire. When you mentioned the soft coat it convinced me that it is our blossom. The coat is so wonderfully soft compared to Flowers, who must be the alpine.
I love Blossom's mellow character too. She is much more cuddly than Flower. I think you will fall madly in love with your nubians. Their milk is supposed to have higher fat content too. Which is supposed to be good for cheese making.

I am incapable of doing anything since we took Blossom to the vet. I am on my way ooutside to keep Flower company. :fl

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
:gig
Kind of funny but Free was talking about the Scottish Highland calf! However, having felt the Oberhasli mom of my soon to be kids, I agree that the Nubian coat is softer.
Free, I am soooo going to take you up on the cheese lesson!!
We came home with some milk. Mmmmmmm! I will probably make yogurt with it.
We have a decision. We want Donki. If she isn't available (there's a slight complication there, with someone else suddenly expressing interest) we will ask if he can lower his price for Stella. Donki is a second freshener, Stella is a first. I think I will have a much easier time with Donki. They were both friendly and sweet, Donki slightly more so. Wish I didn't have to choose!

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
I did it. I emailed the owner and told him we really want Donki. I didn't tell him but if it doesn't work out we will find a way to get Stella.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
FarmerDenise said:
Mmmm, that is funny, guess I'm a bit distracted, worrying about Blossom.
Sorry, I didn't mean to make light of Blossom's situation!!! And you do have a valid point anyway.
Please know I am praying for your little girl!! :hit

Status
Not open for further replies.