Hen23's Journal~Goodbye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
abifae said:
what's pfd stand for? what's wrong with life jacket???

lol
"Personal Floatation Device" I have no idea why they were given that official name, although it may include more than just the traditional life jacket.
DH should be home in about 5 hours!!! Riding camp for this afternoon got moved to tomorrow so we are going to "Get Out of St. Paul's!!" or an evening picnic, hike and church service in the same state park where DS and I hiked yesterday. Gotta plan picninc food!

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Thanks! Have to turn on the oven to make almond flour biscuits for strawberry shortcake (DH's fave) in honor of his homecoming. He is officially on the road with his certificate from the class! We're having chicken salad, romaine and other greens from the garden, a cantaloupe, some carrot sticks, and strawberry shortcake. Keeping it simple.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
abifae said:
what's pfd stand for? what's wrong with life jacket???

lol
I'm betting a lawyer was involved. Someone most likely drowned wearing a "life jacket".

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
It was yummy! And a gorgeous evening AND DS's riding instructor made an impromptu stop with the horses and her DD and friend for a trail ride. DS got to ride for a little bit AND he got to ride the huge shire for the first time! We left when it got dark and cold. Yup, cold!

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Well, DH is home and it finally feels like we can have SUMMER! He is not working for the first time in years so we are trying to stick to a budget and praying that he gets reimbursed for his 2 weeks in class. He is puttering around down at the barn which I think is just an excuse because he missed the goats and is amazed at how much the ducklings grew! It was to have him get up with the 5am dog but we'll have to take turns at it. (Old dog needs to pee at 5am every day! I took him out one night I stayed up really late last week and he still needed to get up at 5, or thought he did. It's definitely become habit.)
We had talked about going canoeing today but my lower back is screaming at me. Not sure if I did something of if it's related to my cycle like usual. Seems early. Anyway, I'm not sure if paddling a canoe is a good idea or not. It's beautiful out though and I hate to not take advantage.
I have tentative plans to make cheese with a friend on Monday. I'm not sure what's she's wanting to do. I don't have milk anyway. But we will discuss further at church tomorrow or later when we go blueberry picking.
Also need to start planning for our camping trip and learn how to put up the new tent we got.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Back from Farmer's Market. Prices were really high. Came home with our CSA pork chops! :drool
Cheese making friend is ill so those plans are on hold. We are going to put up our new tent when it cools off a bit if it cools off a bit. It is quite hot again today. :(

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Not much to say. Like many we are in the midst of heat and humidity. So there's not much to report! I took some pictures of a pretty butterfly while DH and I put up our new tent for practice. We are headed to the beach for a few days on Sunday. So between purging the rooms with a/c of excess stuff I am planning for the trip. There is a grocery store just one exit up the highway from the state park so I think we will buy perishables daily rather than get too frantic about keeping things cool. It looks like the heat will break the night before we go. Showers off and on one day but otherwise decent weather. Amazing!!

IMG_3527.jpg

IMG_3526.jpg

IMG_3525.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.