Hen23's Journal~Goodbye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Psstttt..... don't tell OFG, but I am taking my birds to a processor so I don't have to do the deed :D

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Hubby loves duck meat, but I only get a couple a year from a friend who raises them because they are such a problem to clean. :/ If we had one around here I would probably pay a processor to clean mine too.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Well, it's a darn shame you don't all live closer to me!!!
GLENO, ARE YOU SURE YOU DON'T WANT DUCKS??????

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Can youlet her keep one or two eggs? Cause otherwise, she is going to start all over again!

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Bubblingbrooks said:
Can youlet her keep one or two eggs? Cause otherwise, she is going to start all over again!
Yeah, I know! I think we might do that. She was out a little while ago so I peeked. There aren't as many as I thought in there. Maybe 8. Edna hatched 2 out of 14. Will the other ducks stop going in there to lay more for her to sit on?

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
I have never tried it with a duck, but placing a hen in a wire bottomed cage for a day or two will break the broody cycle.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
We do have a rabbit cage we could do that with. I think we need to make a decision tomorrow. We're leaning toward leaving her in there with 3 or 4 eggs.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Whoa! 4000 posts! So how sweet is this? My DH, who thinks ducks are waste of barn space, was so worried about little Petunia not being able to get up the ramp into the barn (not the brightest of ducklings I'm afraid) with thunderstorms predicted for today, that he actually built a new ramp that he feels is more user friendly. I don't have the heart to tell him I have yet to see one of our ducks go in out of a thunderstorm.....

Status
Not open for further replies.