Hen23's Journal~Goodbye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My angels prefer to lay in the chicken boxes :D But that's only when the coop is left open all night, because I don't get out there to open it before they lay in the morning. Otherwise, I have one that just drops it where ever she is, and the others that like to make a nest under a bush.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Well, we found one egg under a boulder in the corner of the yard. Two lying on the ground by the water garden. And the darned duck has disappeared again. :he
My Edna built her nest in a corner of the coop side of the barn and hatched her two little lovelies in safety. We blocked them in to keep the big birds from hurting them. Easy peasy. This is a pain!!!

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
MyKidLuvsGreenEgz said:
Last night I found an egg way across the yard from their coops. Good thing I checked.

I wish I could paint signs and teach them to read "Lay Here!"
Wouldn't that make it easier? I just found two in the mud. :rolleyes: And still no duck.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Get some of those wood or stone eggs. My boneheads fall for them every time...BUT... someone has moved them and now I cant find them :p

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Sad thing is there are wooden eggs in the barn in the corner......
No sign of Quackers. I've got everyone else tucked in and the pen door open so she can sort of find some shelter if she needs it. I need our old dog Bear. He would track her down for me... :(

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Sooooo..... we went on a CT Forest and Parks family walk with a group in my hometown. We searched for a Flat Stanley themed letterbox. Fun, sunny, not too humid or buggy. Drove around the old town past the house I grew up in. Not too much has changed on our street other than the families living in the houses, and not all of those have changed. "Downtown" is another story. You could compare pictures from today to those from 40 years ago, even 30 and not be sure you were in the same town.
DH got this info emailed to him about the TV show he and his student are going to be in. If you get the Science Channel (which we dont') the hovercraft episode should air late in August or early September! The show is the one called JUNKies. I think we can order the show "on demand" from our cable company but have to check....

[07/28/11 - 09:06 AM]
Science is the Home for Junkyard Genius in August With Two World Premiere Series - "JUNKies" and "Stuck With Hackett"
Both series launch back-to-back Thursday, August 18 beginning at 10:00/9:00c.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[via press release from Science]
SCIENCE is the Home for Junkyard Genius in August With Two World Premiere Series - JUNKies and STUCK WITH HACKETT

-- JUNKies and STUCK WITH HACKETT Premiere on Thursday, August 18, at 10:00 PM (ET/PT) and 10:30 PM (ET/PT) on SCIENCE --

SILVER SPRING, Md., July 28, 2011 -- SCIENCE-television's home for audacious genius-digs deep this August with the world premieres of two enormously entertaining series appealing to the "enginerd" in us all. Beginning August 18, audiences will meet the jester of the junkyard when trash connoisseur Jimmy Ruocco reveals his latest creations in JUNKies at 10:00 PM (ET/PT). Immediately following, survivalist savant Chris Hackett proves himself to be a "post-apocalyptic MacGyver" in STUCK WITH HACKETT, at 10:30 PM (ET/PT).

Long Island's Freeport Junk and Wrecking is the setting for SCIENCE's world premiere August series, JUNKies. This is the premiere junkyard for the subculture of high-end inventors, backyard builders and antique pickers constantly looking for missing parts to complete their passion projects. The Freeport team, led by Jimmy "The Junk Genius" Ruocco, will go to any lengths to construct new and inspired devices; with highlights including a hovercraft, a coffin car, a lawn mower racer and a flamethrower-all made from the finest discarded spare parts. These guys know the guts, bolts and science inside even the most unique machines. Crossing paths with a crazy cast of characters, they encounter everyone from inventors and students to mechanics and artists. This eclectic band of dumpster divers will redefine engineering on JUNKies on Thursday, August 18, at 10:00 PM (ET/PT).

Read more: Breaking News - Science is the Home for Junkyard Genius in August With Two World Premiere Series - "JUNKies" and "Stuck With Hackett" | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/...ckett-593403/20110728science01/#ixzz1TcKcncrP

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
I'll keep you all posted for when it actually airs. In case you're interested!

Status
Not open for further replies.