HennyPenny's random thoughts. New set of goals!

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Do whatever makes sense to you and works for you, HennyPenny. What I like about hearing from others on a forum is that you can get a wide array of ideas and then choose what you are most comfortable with. Not everyone is going to agree. If they can't respect what works for you, they are just obnoxious. Go ahead and vent here if you need to. :)

Interesting what you say about spicy food, jessejames.

hennypenny9

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Yeah, I totally agree about the different ideas. Especially when it's so hard to kill the fungus, and nothing seems to work for everyone. There are no different ideas on that board anymore, sadly. And it seems that most of the time, when I "treat" I have to stay in a hold pattern for at least three weeks, because that's how long it takes to see results. Or lack thereof. So I'm not going to drop the Olive Leaf for at least another two weeks, because what if it's working? I think I will pick up some of that mouthwash, though. I'll try almost anything!

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Well, if the Olive Leaf is helping you feel more energized, I would keep taking it for that reason alone! :D It sounds like you need to be persistent in taking care of it, no matter what method you use. Did you manage to walk around barefoot in all that heat & sun we had? I think that might have been enough to scare it away! ;) ETA: PERMANENTLY! :lol:

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
When Jesse posted it reminded me of the days back when I used to work at an amusement park during summer breaks from school. I was part of the ride operations crew and on that concrete in the summer it was 10 to 15 degrees hotter than anywhere else in the already hot city! :th

I remember one particular day ... Three people on a particular ride crew and we drank a 5 gallon water can and half of another one in one shift and NOBODY went to the bathroom all day! Just sweated it out! :sick

hennypenny9

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Okay, so the neighbors two houses down, have chickens. Hens. Actually, the little boy said that they thought "one might be a rooster." Well guess what I heard this morning?? An adorable young rooster crowing! A lot! In a really funny awkward way. So the hens might be laying by now, right? I need eggs.

I got "light tasting" olive oil for homemade mayo.

It's funny, I know that saying "do what you can, with what you have, where you are" or something like that. Well, I have been. And now if I go to those lists you find online of "101 ways to save money on groceries" or on energy, or on household items. I'm doing all the ones it makes sense to do. I make my own cleaners, soaps, all meals from scratch, am growing some herbs, buy things in season, etc, etc. Now I need MORE ideas. But the fact that I'm stuck in this house does hold me back. It shouldn't, but it does. I guess I'm going to start knitting again. Oh wait. I need different sized needles. *siiiiigh*

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
I use vinegar for toenail fungus, I found that when I was really good and persistent about taking a footbath with ACV daily, that the problem diminished. I'm just not very good at doing something that persistently. My understanding is that it may take many months to a year to get rid of it.
I have been drinking acv daily though, and I think that is helping too.

hennypenny9

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
FarmerDenise- It's a horrible problem, isn't it? I wish the general public would be more understanding. Then all us sufferers would be able to go around in sandals and flip-flops. We would be able to cure ourselves easier that way! My infection is so bad that I'm sure small children would run screaming to their mothers. Vinegar is the only thing I've tried fairly consistently. It works! Once I tried really hard to kill it... It was going well, and then for many reasons, I had to stop. But this time I won't! :fl

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
You should go ask them. My roosters were crowing a couple months before my hens started laying. Hopefully they'll have some for you!

hennypenny9

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
You know how states have lists of "You know you live in *insert state here* when?" I've been reading different state's, and it's a kick! For example EVERY state lists "when you list distance in minutes." Many states list the same things. An example of a persistent saying:

You design your kid's Halloween costume to fit under a raincoat.
snowsuit
cowboy boots

You know you're from Washington when you blame everything that's not right on ex-Californians. (WE DO, LOLOL)

You consider something a "hill" (not a mountain) if it doesn't have snow on it or has not recently erupted, regardless of its altitude.

You are not fazed by "Today's forecast: showers followed by rain," and "Tomorrow's forecast: rain followed by showers."

You see a person carrying an umbrella and know they must be a tourist. (Serious, who uses an umbrella??)

You remember where you were on May 18th, 1980. (Well, I wasn't born yet, but I know where my MOM was when Mt. St. Helen's blew. And the ash gave her a sinus infection, which killed a root of one of her teeth, and she had to have it pulled)

You know more than 10 ways to order coffee. (Doesn't everyone??)

Okay I'll stop, I'm just cracking myself up, and most other people are just going to go ????

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
You see a person carrying an umbrella and know they must be a tourist. (Serious, who uses an umbrella??)

Your list is awesome. :hugs

My friend up here told me to stop using my umbrella and embrace the mist and rain. He told me I looked like a tourist!!! :lol:

Don't you get a kick out of that commercial for insurance for the PNW folks. They are all a different, but one recently was about the goat rentals to clear property?

Woops typos!