HennyPenny's random thoughts. New set of goals!

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Ahhhh . . . the weather is delightful! I can't believe how much I have gotten done over the last several days! I have canned tomato sauce, baked cookies, got a lot of cleaning up done around our place . . . it feels so liberating! :weee It amazes me how much I can get done when the weather is mild. It is astonishing! And it feels so good! :D OK, I will stop gloating, because we all know what is coming around the corner. :hide

ETA: Oh yes, Pride and Prejudice . . . used to be one of my favorite classics. Though I think my all time favorite is Ethan Frome. Well, actually my ALL time favorite is A Midsummer Night's Dream.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
DrakeMaiden said:
Ahhhh . . . the weather is delightful! I can't believe how much I have gotten done over the last several days! I have canned tomato sauce, baked cookies, got a lot of cleaning up done around our place . . . it feels so liberating! :weee It amazes me how much I can get done when the weather is mild. It is astonishing! And it feels so good! :D OK, I will stop gloating, because we all know what is coming around the corner. :hide

ETA: Oh yes, Pride and Prejudice . . . used to be one of my favorite classics. Though I think my all time favorite is Ethan Frome. Well, actually my ALL time favorite is A Midsummer Night's Dream.
Make up your mind!

And Cookies??!!! You are not allowed to say that word around me!! :drool

What is coming around the corner? Better check out the Cliff's weather blog. Please tell me it is more gloomy weather, I never want to see the sun ever again! It did kind of bite that we missed the meteor shower last night though.

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
It'll be back to 80 by next Monday. :/ Better get out and enjoy the next several days of possible rain!

Mmmmmm . . . COOKIES!!!! Well, actually, not just cookies, but HOMEMADE COOKIES!!!!! [where is the devil laughing smilie? You know the one that goes "muah ha ha ha ha ha"?]

I'm a Shakespear nut, so I guess he wins hands down. BTW, Gig Harbor was supposedly going to get a Shakespear theatre up and running . . . you know anything about it, HennyPenny?

Edited for errant parenthesis.

hennypenny9

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Okay, well I'm not dead or anything. I just can't find a good balance of internet use. Either I'm online all day, or not at all. Lately I've been paying bills, making purchases, or checking the weather and email, and that's all. (Thanks, Blackbird, for reminding me to post!) So here's some abbreviated updates!

-House not sold, still for sale, don't want to talk or think about it. Eventually it will go away since it is not being paid for anymore.

-I've made a couple more batches of soap, but only recently so they are still curing. One is a castille scented with clove EO, the other is goat's milk scented with rosemary and peppermint EO. I used PVC piping to make round soap!

-I've been making coffee creamer, and grinding the beans each day. Awesome.

-For shower stuff I've been using liquid castille soap (bought online, *gasp!*) instead of shampoo, and 50% apple cider vinegar 50% strong herbal tea (favorite is apple cinnamon chamomile) as a conditioner. Also, only homemade soap, no store bought body wash or anything.

-I have been using homemade feminine pads for 9 months now! Love them so much. I will never, ever choose light colored fabric again though. I think the pics are still up somewhere, but I used a super fun flower print. Next time I will use DARK colors. Gah. Common sense anyone?

-Haven't bought bread in at least six months. Finally have a plain white bread recipe that I like.

-Been healthier... Or maybe other people are just sicker? I can't remember that last time I was sick. I don't use the anti-bacterial stuff, either. Been taking vitamin D, and a normal multi-vitamin. Also exercising. (See all the stuff I do when the computer is off?)

I've been meaning to pop back on here, but keep forgetting. I wish I had the will power to JUST spend maybe 15 minutes here, but it's impossible! I end up trying to read all the new threads. I've gotten so much from this site, you're all so helpful and great!

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Whoo! Henny! We missed you! So glad to hear back from you! :hugs

I know what you mean! I ended up spending a lot of time on here so I just cut back all together sometimes.

Now I only read the journals and posts that have interesting subjects.. I probably miss out on a lot that way but keeps some balance.

hennypenny9

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'm currently online watching this silly wave of precipitation blow in from the west... I'm curious to see if it's falling as rain or snow and hoping for rain! l love the snow, but I also have to be at work at 6:00 AM tomorrow, and don't want to slide all over like I did today!

And I just need to stay away from the purely conversational threads. I don't mean the journals, 'cause those are great, but the random threads about Wal-mart (I should not even start!) or tv shows, or politics, etc. Not that they are terrible, but they aren't good for me, personally.

Oh! I forgot to mention that I installed a programmable thermostat by myself! I love it so much.

lol, I still see "Blackbird" but think "Amos!"

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
hennypenny9 said:
I'm currently online watching this silly wave of precipitation blow in from the west... I'm curious to see if it's falling as rain or snow and hoping for rain! l love the snow, but I also have to be at work at 6:00 AM tomorrow, and don't want to slide all over like I did today!

And I just need to stay away from the purely conversational threads. I don't mean the journals, 'cause those are great, but the random threads about Wal-mart (I should not even start!) or tv shows, or politics, etc. Not that they are terrible, but they aren't good for me, personally.

Oh! I forgot to mention that I installed a programmable thermostat by myself! I love it so much.

lol, I still see "Blackbird" but think "Amos!"
Agreed!