Herbal Pain Relief

clkingtx

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Thanks for replying, BB. :) I have read many of your posts.. I had thought maybe I had adrenal insufficiency. I read a link you had provided one time, but my pupils react appropriately to the flashlight in a dark room test. From what I had read, that was a pretty good way to tell if adrenal insufficiency is the problem. Is that not so?

Thanks!

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
clkingtx said:
Thanks for replying, BB. :) I have read many of your posts.. I had thought maybe I had adrenal insufficiency. I read a link you had provided one time, but my pupils react appropriately to the flashlight in a dark room test. From what I had read, that was a pretty good way to tell if adrenal insufficiency is the problem. Is that not so?

Thanks!
It is one possible way, but its not necessarily conclusive :( Blood pressure tests are better.
Have you also looked at gluten avoidance for a period of time?

clkingtx

Power Conserver
Reaction score
What about blood pressure results indicate the condition?

I have tried avoiding carbs, not really gluten, but processed carbs.
I felt more energetic, and my weight and water retention dropped; but no change in the amount of pain.

Thanks.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
clkingtx said:
What about blood pressure results indicate the condition?

I have tried avoiding carbs, not really gluten, but processed carbs.
I felt more energetic, and my weight and water retention dropped; but no change in the amount of pain.

Thanks.
There is a test you can do, if you have a person that is commentate with a pressure cuff.
Your resting (laying down flat for 30 minutes or so) pressure is taken, and then pressure is again taken immediately upon standing up, and then again 2? minutes later.
Its been awhile since I looked at this, so I cannot remember what the readings are supposed to be.

Dropping gluten is different then dropping carbs.
Try it for a couple weeks, and the eat a sandwich. Nothing to lose, and possibly everything to gain.

clkingtx

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I found more information about the blood pressure test, it basically tests for a normal blood pressure when laying down, and then a drop when you stand. Not sure about the two minutes after. I found this site:

http://www.drlwilson.com/articles/adrenal_insufficiency.htm

Is this one you are familiar with? If it is not one you are familiar with, are there some you can recommend? When I have more time, I will do a search for your posts, because I feel like you have probably listed a lot of links on this topic.

I do appreciate your input.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
clkingtx said:
I found more information about the blood pressure test, it basically tests for a normal blood pressure when laying down, and then a drop when you stand. Not sure about the two minutes after. I found this site:

http://www.drlwilson.com/articles/adrenal_insufficiency.htm

Is this one you are familiar with? If it is not one you are familiar with, are there some you can recommend? When I have more time, I will do a search for your posts, because I feel like you have probably listed a lot of links on this topic.

I do appreciate your input.
I have just a second here.
Supposed to test a third time, 2 minutes after, to see if presure is returning to normal.
I will check later to find the info.

If you do test normal, and do not test positive for arthritis, then gluten is a pretty good bet.
meanwhile, I second Arinca for temporary relief.

AnnaRaven

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
clkingtx said:
Thanks for all the great info, everyone!

How is catnip used as an antispasmodic? Is it in a tea that you use it, or?? How about the valerian and skullcap? How are they used, and where would you find the skullcap? Any certain form of those that is best?

How about for fibromyalgia type pain? Are any of these good for that, or are there others that are?

Thanks a lot.
These are leaves, so can be used as infusions - prepare them like tea. A tsp of leaf steeped in hot water for 10 minutes or so.

ETA: Don't know if they'd help with fibro.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
When I was younger, I had a terrible pain in my chest. The doc said I got a chill, and it ached like the dickens. He gave me this rub to put on it, and it had hot pepper in it. Not sure of the kind of pepper, and it was hot to put it on, but it worked. I have since used soem dehydrated hot peppers mixed with moisturizer to treat similar aches and pains. use gloves to apply ;)

edit. I thinkth pepper int RX was cayenne. I used jalapeno for my rub.

clkingtx

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Thanks, all!

MTN, that sounds like an intriguing diy, making a pepper rub...I will have to look into that.

AnnaRaven, I think I have dried catnip(bought it as a hair treatment a while back) I will try that.

BB- Well, I do have arthritis, of some sort. Because of my ANA test result (1:320), and since my symptoms are not yet classical for any specific autoimmune disease, but are common to several different ones, they are calling it undifferentiated connective tissue disease.

clkingtx

Power Conserver
Reaction score
BB- I forgot to add, I don't even have to take the blood pressure test to know I would fail it. I get dizzy when I stand up, even from a sitting position. My blood pressure has dropped so suddenly at some times, I would nearly pass out. I don't know how much of that is from the medication I take( my muscle relaxer does list hypotension as a side effect).