Herbal Pain Relief

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Something I have heard about that is supposed to be good particularly for the immune system is transfer factor. It is one of the active ingredients in mammal colostrum that starts up the immune system. It is also good for lessening the severity of many autoimmune diseases such as Diabetes Type I and psoriasis and has even helped cancer go into remission- might be good for arthritis too?

If you are interested, pm me.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
clkingtx said:
Thanks, all!

MTN, that sounds like an intriguing diy, making a pepper rub...I will have to look into that.

AnnaRaven, I think I have dried catnip(bought it as a hair treatment a while back) I will try that.

BB- Well, I do have arthritis, of some sort. Because of my ANA test result (1:320), and since my symptoms are not yet classical for any specific autoimmune disease, but are common to several different ones, they are calling it undifferentiated connective tissue disease.
I feel dumb now. I wrote that wrong. Gluten is a food that is contraindicated for arthritis.
Medication can mess the adrenals up, as you are noticing :smack
Regardless, good info to have, and do what you feel best!

clkingtx

Power Conserver
Reaction score
BB- Don't feel dumb, I didn't give all the information. I do appreciate your insight, and it seems from some of your posts that we have had some similar issues. So do you mean that gluten should be avoided by people with arthritis in general? Sorry to be asking so many questions, I haven't had a chance to look back through posts yet.

Britesea- that sounds interesting, thank you. I will pm you for more info.

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
When I overstepped a few stairs and injured my back, I used peppermint oil on the pain. Not only did I get relief, I smelled great too. :lol:

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
clkingtx said:
BB- Don't feel dumb, I didn't give all the information. I do appreciate your insight, and it seems from some of your posts that we have had some similar issues. So do you mean that gluten should be avoided by people with arthritis in general? Sorry to be asking so many questions, I haven't had a chance to look back through posts yet.

Britesea- that sounds interesting, thank you. I will pm you for more info.
Yes.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
clkingtx said:
Thanks, all!

MTN, that sounds like an intriguing diy, making a pepper rub...I will have to look into that.

AnnaRaven, I think I have dried catnip(bought it as a hair treatment a while back) I will try that.

BB- Well, I do have arthritis, of some sort. Because of my ANA test result (1:320), and since my symptoms are not yet classical for any specific autoimmune disease, but are common to several different ones, they are calling it undifferentiated connective tissue disease.
I was daignosed back in my 20's as having mixed conective tissue disease. I had antibodies for scleroderma and lupus. I also have sjrogens symptoms, and RA.

I was taking a slew of medications, mostly for my arthritis, but also had for GERD and hypothryroid, and some other ailments.

About two years ago, my thyroid messed up some more, and I gained about 20 lbs in about two months. I decided I needed to lose that weight, so I went tot he dr's and got my thyoid meds upped. Then I went on a low carb diet. Becasue of that diet, I stopped eating bread and pasta-- aka gluten. A few weeks into the diet, I was hungry and didn't have anything LC prepared, so I had a bowl of chicken noodle soup and two slices of bread with butter. I was sick for several days. So I made a note not to ever eat gluten again. I still low carb it, but not to the same degree as when I was losing weight. I now take NO MEDICATIONS except dessicated thyroid . Nothing. I attribute it mostly to the no gluten, but I do think being alot more lower carb than I was has also contributed to my health.

Maybe it is somrthing you can look into. I kow there is evidence of gluten and carbs wreaking havoc on your autoimmune respnses, but I don't have tghe time to link them for you. Hope that helps.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Cheeseslave was diagnosed with RA, and she fully reversed it with diet.
It never hurts to give it a shot. Nothing to lose, and everything to gain!
But do make use of natural pain relievers as needed. They can help you focus on making changes to test things out.

It is believed that Fibro is truly Adrenal Fatigue.
My heart aches for all the people out there that slowly become housebound and bedridden with no hope in sight.

clkingtx

Power Conserver
Reaction score
MTN- the problems you had sure sound familiar :/
BB- I will have to check out cheeseslave's website, I didn't realize that.

Ok, I will try gluten free. It can't hurt.

Thanks a lot, all!

autumnprairie

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
clkingtx said:
Hello,

I am trying to find alternatives to prescription pain meds.

I am looking for something that would help for pretty severe pain and inflammation in muscles, joints, and ligaments.

Not interested in anything illegal, or alcoholic.

Thank you.
have you tried massage therapy? there is one type of massage it is called rain drop therapy where they use herbs and heat with a special technique. they have a video of it on you tube.
there is also another called fibro ease which also incorporates oils.

no sure what kind of pain you are having if I could get more info that would be great.

clkingtx

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Thanks autumnprairie, I haven't ever tried massage. After having disastrous results with physical therapy and chiropractic treatment, I have been pretty reluctant to try any more manipulation. I will look for that on youtube.
As for the kind of pain, it really varies. It ranges from unknown causes, to severe inflammation in joints. From sore, achy muscles ; some areas that are very painful to light touch; arthritic joints; and occasionally what feels like burning throbbing pain in some bones and joints.