Here's to the farm dogs

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
I have my two invaluable dogs.

MannDogg is my critter getter.

MannDogg%2015.7.JPG

He is a boxer mix. He chases the coyotes, raccoons and other critters and is guard dog in general. He can jump a 6 foot fence flat footed and runs like a greyhound. Totally trusted around both chickens and sheep.

My other dog is of course my service dog Sage.
Sage%20work%20in%20harness%20a.JPG

Sage%2015.7.JPG

In addition to taking care of me he watches over the farm as well.
He opens the chickens in the morning and kills the occasional raccoon as well as helping with my needs due to my arthritis. He is my hero.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
They're beautiful! Sage is a lovely dog to take care of you and the farm!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
All our dogs are wonderful with the grand daughters, or any children! This is Polly, our Australian Shepherd. She is so patient and sweet with the girls!

IMG_1086 (1).JPG

Polly was so sweet to my Mom. She had a stroke at 88 and wound up having to sell her home and move in with us. Polly decided it was Mom's job to pet her all the time, which Mom loved. Mom died at 92.

IMG483.jpg

Parker is our black Lab/Great Dane mix that adores baby chicks, baby lambs, eats baby rabbits, eats baby kittens, adores the grand daughters and loved Mom.

IMG202.jpg

Helper 6.JPG

Helper 1.JPG

Trip is our male Great Pyrenees. He would lay down his life for us or our grand daughters. He came to us just weeks before we moved from our home of 30 years to our new place. He now guards our chickens and sheep. He jumps the fence at will, when he's off duty, he jumps out and comes to the house, if something is going on, he jumps back in.

IMG2109.jpg

Helper 3.JPG

IMG2579.jpg

Paris is our female Great Pyrenees. She came to us at 11 months old-free-because she killed chickens. It took me 2 years, but she became the best darn chicken dog anybody could ever have! When we moved and got sheep, it was quite the learning curve for her-she just wanted to bulldoze them. She finally came around and was in the pasture/pen with the ewes this year when they had their lambs!

IMG1476.jpg

IMG892.jpg

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Bay, your Mama and girls are so lovely!!!! :love And your dogs are too! Trip could almost be a blood brother to Ben, they look so much alike! :th

Thanks for sharing those pics....just beautiful!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Trip is half Maremma and half Great Pyrenees. I love watching him and Paris work and play together.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
:loveLove them!

And you have some seriously adorable grandbabies!