hobobrando- my foraging adventures.

hobobrando

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Well I started my melons and I have been removing sod from the future garden to get it ready to till. Justin doesnt know it yet but hes going to be working harder then he ever has tomarrow after school.

ticks

Hunting Crazy
Reaction score
hobobrando said:
Well I started my melons and I have been removing sod from the future garden to get it ready to till. Justin doesnt know it yet but hes going to be working harder then he ever has tomarrow after school.
And your chickens are helping you too?

This year we are doing raised beds, as our gardens alsways lose the battle against weeds.

hobobrando

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Now why is it these weeds are even aloud to sprout? :p

hobobrando

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Yesterday I managed to get done quite abit. I managed to dislodge and move a rock from the ground that had to weigh upwords of a 150lbs by myself, no one wanted to help me :( . I dislodged the rock by running a rcovery chain around it and jacking it out of the ground with a car jack. Then I flipped it onto my homemade wheel barrow, wich is really a metal snow saucer with a rope attached to a sapling handle. I also managed to fix the tires on my baja warrior bike and get it running so that I have some transportation this summer. For some reason its illegal to drive your dirtbikes and atv's on the back roads of the small town I live in but I know some paths that will get me were I need to go.

Today I need to get a garden hoe and some washers for the handlebar clamps on the warrior. Now that the bike is fixed I can use it to get to my prime foraging spots this summer.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Cool, nice work with the rock. I laughed when I read that because I thought I was the only one who used a saucer sled as a wheelbarrow! Just in the winter, though, so we don't have to shovel to the compost pile. I will usually put a big muck bucket on it and use a leadrope as a handle.

ticks

Hunting Crazy
Reaction score
Oh! I found a form for entering poultry into the CV fair. WE do not need to be a member of 4-H or FFA. :)