hobobrando- my foraging adventures.

hobobrando

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Nope no broodies here. I dont think my birds are quite show quality, they do there job and there well taken care of but they enjoy rolling around in the mud a little too much they must get it from there owner.

ticks

Hunting Crazy
Reaction score
hobobrando said:
Nope no broodies here. I dont think my birds are quite show quality, they do there job and there well taken care of but they enjoy rolling around in the mud a little too much they must get it from there owner.
:lol: Same here, but what the heck ya know. I might enter one of my drakes. Hey did you see that thread about te Salamander rain that I made? THere should be another one tonight too!

ticks

Hunting Crazy
Reaction score
:frow
Hey Brandon.

you should see the Pheasant eggs I've been getting. I watched one lay one today, it just about had a siezure :p

hobobrando

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Well I didnt have a ride home from school tonight so I walked down to my uncle Allans house and I'm glad I did. We took a ride to TSC because he needed to get some chicken feed. I noticed the brooders were out and pointed them out. My uncle had wanted to get just a few meat birds and this was good for him. He asked me If I was going to get any this year and I told him my mom said I could get no more. But me and my uncle managed to convince her and I can get 6 meat chickens. TSC is getting them in on tuesday or wednsday.

ticks

Hunting Crazy
Reaction score
hobobrando said:
Well I didnt have a ride home from school tonight so I walked down to my uncle Allans house and I'm glad I did. We took a ride to TSC because he needed to get some chicken feed. I noticed the brooders were out and pointed them out. My uncle had wanted to get just a few meat birds and this was good for him. He asked me If I was going to get any this year and I told him my mom said I could get no more. But me and my uncle managed to convince her and I can get 6 meat chickens. TSC is getting them in on tuesday or wednsday.
Hey Brandon. THIS tuesday or wednsday? :D

hobobrando

Power Conserver
Reaction score
They said they werent sure.

Well found out this morning I have to go to a wake tomarrow at 3:00 wich is going to put a damper in plans. Its also going to affect productivity today because I have to go get some dress clothes.

ticks

Hunting Crazy
Reaction score
Do you think that we could do some processing today instead?
Or do you not feel up to it.

hobobrando

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I can do it today. My mother wants to know if your parents are aware before I show up on your doorstep with rooster and axe in hand. The man that died I have never met, I am going out of respect for his son who is my step grandfather.

ticks

Hunting Crazy
Reaction score
Yeah, I just got the ok with my dad, 12:30 would be good with us, Fabio has a hair appoitment :rolleyes:

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
You guys are so great. If you showed up on my door step with a roo and an ax I would be a bit out of sorts. :barnie Just for a minute then I think I would show you which birds I need to cull from my flock.

Good thing going to the wake and showing your respect for the family.