hobobrando- my foraging adventures.

ticks

Hunting Crazy
Reaction score
hobobrando said:
Eli, The water was way over the top of my head. The worst part was when I got out I realized I had gone swimming in the nastyest water in Vermont, correction second nastyest St.Albans Bay is worse.

I know I know I should have listened to my mom.
I think I know exactly where you went in, near that island that is diagonal to the train bridge, near the dirt road that comes by the water. Only on the other side right?
We found a dead cow in that area.

hobobrando

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Nope If your on that Island and look away from the bridege Its the next Island over, the one with the Osprey nest on it. Oh the chicks are doing awesome, there in the garage and seem warm enough. Trying not to get attached is harder then I thought.

ticks

Hunting Crazy
Reaction score
hobobrando said:
Nope If your on that Island and look away from the bridege Its the next Island over, the one with the Osprey nest on it. Oh the chicks are doing awesome, there in the garage and seem warm enough. Trying not to get attached is harder then I thought.
That is always the case...

Wow, that island? That is a looooong ways away. Did you have to drop your boots?

hobobrando

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I tried to get them off in the water because I couldnt swim with them on but the suction wasnt alowing me to get them off so I drifted to the Island. When I got on land I wrastled them off and dumped out about 5 gallons of water :D .

ticks

Hunting Crazy
Reaction score
So about 5 gallons of this...
dirtywater.jpg

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Oooooooo that's nasty... :sick I'm glad you're okay, my mom flipped our old Ranger Bass boat end over end and broke 2 vertebrae in her neck and nearly drowned. You're lucky that you at least had on a life jacket...probably saved you, especially with those boots on! Glad you are okay!

hobobrando

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Wow, It has been forever sense I have been on and I feel like I have fallen behind with all the posting, so I'm just going to pretend I know whats going on. I have been extremely busy and its driving me insane.

ticks

Hunting Crazy
Reaction score
hobobrando said:
Wow, It has been forever sense I have been on and I feel like I have fallen behind with all the posting, so I'm just going to pretend I know whats going on. I have been extremely busy and its driving me insane.
Sorry, I missed this. Quite some time you posted this too.