Holiday gifts from the kitchen ~ share your ideas!

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Found this site today and there are many others. I think I am going to do some Gift in a Jar type things and have my son practice measuring and pouring. We can work on fractions etc. I have lots of mason jars around. Then I can pack them up in the handmade market totes I plan on sewing. Feels good to be getting started!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Well, I plan on making fudge and cookies to give as gifts. :)

sufficientforme

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
In past Christmas gifts I have made the pancake idea also, just took it one step further and put them in polish pottery batter bowls and added a metal whisk and some home made jam and syrups and then used the cello wrap that you use the blow dryer with, they looked really sharp.
This year I am giving jalapeno /rasp jelly. And for the kids teachers this year home made biscotti in a coffee mug. I am really simplifying this year. Most of my family is out of state so home made doesn't always travel well :(
I know I am forgetting somethings, I will think about it some more.
I tend to do themed baskets, with edible and useful things.
Fudge and caramels are an expected gift from me also :p

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
I think Quail's fudge idea would go over really well in my family! :D Thanks for the inspiration. :)

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I like to give my hot chocolate mix in jars for gifts. This yr I am making my dad orange marmalade(my oranges). Directions don't seem too bad. I also give my shake & bake mix in a jar too. Homemade applesauce would be good too. I am trying to find out if fil & stepmil like marmalade(recipe makes 6 jars). If they do I will give them a couple of jars & some applesauce this yr, along with chocolate mix & a couple of mugs. I just need to be careful as fil is diabetic. Plus dh's aunt & uncle will be here too & need to do a little something for them too. And she is diabetic, uncle is easy buy him a bottle of E&J brandy & he will be happy :ya
Homemade hamburger helper mix is good for a gift too.