Holiday Season

sumi

Sustainability Master
Administrator
Reaction score
About 300-350 hours for a double bed. In days it really depends how much time I can spare. I usually spread it over 3-6 months, depending how busy I am.

sumi

Sustainability Master
Administrator
Reaction score
Wow, they are beautiful!

CrealCritter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We used to make Jesus a Birthday Cake but we stopped doing that many years ago as the kids started getting older.

Last Christmas tree we had, I went out into the woods, chopped down a eastern red cedar. Brought it home, put it in a tree stand, we decorated it and put a bunch of presents under it. a few days later we had a infestation of baby praying mantis in the house (they vacuum up pretty easy with a shop vac). yep you guessed it that beautiful tree had multiple praying mantis nests in it and by bringing the tree into the warm house I caused them to hatch. We havn't had a Christmas tree since then.

CrealCritter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Alright I know it seems too early for Christmas/holiday shopping but I'd like to try to be prepared this year. I'm getting my mother and SIL gardening items. Mom is getting sweet pea seeds and gardening paraphernalia in a bucket while SIL is getting lavender seeds and the same. Its the rest of the family that has me baffled. I got my grandmother some sewing/knitting notions last year, my big bro got a DR. Pepper themed basket and my younger one got a cooking based one. I know the teens are happy with money and I've told my family that's what i want this year, gift cards. They try to say its not fun doing gift cards but they will go towards my new roof and or installing a dishwasher, things i need rather than stuff to fill my already over stuffed house. How can i convince them that I don't need more stuff while at the same time shopping for them?!?!
Kaite Your Recipe is making my mouth water --- http://owlnestfarm.com/home/ham-and-bean-soup

Hinotori

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Our house is too small for a tree. We're talking about planting a tree out front this spring to decorate with outdoor things