Homesteading with animals...post a pic!

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
Homesteadmom said:
I took my cat in this afternoon & had him put to sleep, he had feline luekemia & was not doing well at all, he had lost over 5 lbs. We will be burying him after while out near the garden. He loved to lay out there in my asparagus bed & in between tomato plants. So somewhere outside the garden I will bury him.:hit
Pam
I'm sorry Pam. Our cat died on the 12th (saturday) while we were out of town. We had the lady who was caring for the animals put him in the freezer, we buried him Monday under a pine tree. He was only 9 year old but was having some weird issues (legs going lame, lots of throwing up etc.)
:aww

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yea I came home from camping and had 2 dead goats in the woods. I counted my smaller herd cause I felt "someone" was missing and yup, came up short 2.

UGH

Tony buried them on the farm wtih the backhoe already. Always something---life and death just moves on with us or without us! :(

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Well, right now we have chickens, ducks, 2 geese, a trio of goats, and a horse on the way.

Helping with costs? Um, not yet LOL we have so far invested more into them than they have paid out. I have sold some eggs to the local feedstore, and instead of paying me they deduct it off the cost of my feed. Sometimes it evens out to where I pay nothing for the feed (when they are laying that is!)

We did sell a goat, but just for what we paid for it, so that didn't make us a profit. The Nan we have is due to kid soon, just don't know how soon. Previous owners didn't pay attention to when she was bred.

I will try to post pics tomorrow!

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
HM---sorry about the kitty!
I know...!! :(
Thanks Karen, I caught the other cat laying ontop of the grave yesterday. And they fought a lot!!

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Wildsky said:
Homesteadmom said:
I took my cat in this afternoon & had him put to sleep, he had feline luekemia & was not doing well at all, he had lost over 5 lbs. We will be burying him after while out near the garden. He loved to lay out there in my asparagus bed & in between tomato plants. So somewhere outside the garden I will bury him.:hit
Pam
I'm sorry Pam. Our cat died on the 12th (saturday) while we were out of town. We had the lady who was caring for the animals put him in the freezer, we buried him Monday under a pine tree. He was only 9 year old but was having some weird issues (legs going lame, lots of throwing up etc.)
:aww
Sorry about your cat too. Mine was only 5 & we think he was born with the luekemia ecause of some of the symptoms he had all his life. So he is better now & with my Pom waiting for me. He used to sit on my night stand & watch me sleep.:ep

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
FarmerChick wrote:
HM---sorry about the kitty!
I know...!!

Thanks Karen, I caught the other cat laying ontop of the grave yesterday. And they fought a lot!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey HM

yea my Fat Cat died on the back porch and Little Kitty was hanging around the whole time and laying near him. And they weren't the best of friends either...but in time of need I guess..HA HA

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Guess weather they want to admit it or not they have feelings for each other don't they?

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
or little kitty was waiting to take over as top cat! :eek:

making sure that fat cat was truly gone and not coming back to beat the far out of her...LOL

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Actually the skinny cat was the one who died. Bob is the fat one, he looks like a black panther. He keeps looking for Charlie by going inot our room every day & looking under the bed where he spent his last month.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
oh yea with his smells still around he will be looking for him...but with anything, time heals and he will look no more.

Peepers searched for about 1 week when Pony died. She would whinney like crazy and it freaked me out....but one day, no more whinneys.