Homesteading with animals...post a pic!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
Those are great pics! Your man has made you a nice coop! Very nice to have a partner that works beside you towards the same goal, isn't it? :)
Yes, it is wonderful!!

Our next project is making a coop with an aluminum truck cap for a roof LOL If DH takes that for his Silver Duckwings, then I get the woodbox come spring for Robert and Fran!

You might regret having started this thread!! I won't stop posting pics until all of my barnyard is posted here! :gig

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
Woodland Woman said:
Can I come over? Your house looks like fun!
Well, as long as you don't mind being cramped! We live in a singlewide so it's pretty small! Almost 8 acres tho, so if you wanna build yourself a shack, c'mon! LOL :D

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Actually, we are currently petitioning Nifty for a SS Journal category on which people can keep a running journal of their lives and efforts to be more SS. I'm hoping we can have it, for just this purpose.

That way, if I want to see all your pics in one long thread, without interruptions from other people's pics and such, I can do so. I find pics and stories from other people's lives enthralling, as well as informative about their growing conditions, weather, water availability, etc. :)

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
You don't know how bad I am tempted, or was tempted, to post that as a first post in my own thread! I soooo badly want a space where I can go hog wild posting all my pics with the stories to go with them! That's my favorite thing to do, I take pics almost daily! and there is always a tale to tell around here!!

Like tonight, went to tuck the chooks in, and I discovered I am missing one of my 6 week old Milles :( Dh and I stayed out until dark, and then we used flashlights, and looked and looked. He said we will go out first thing in the morning, at first light, and look again. We are hoping she (or he) is just sleeping somewhere unusual tonight. :(

RTRChick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
i like your pictorial Quail, it looks nice and peaceful.

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
OK I couldn't help myself! I had to post some more pics LOL

This is Robert, My Quail Antwerp d'Anver. He was named for my grandfather who passed away in April. I named his mate Fran after my Grandmother, who now lives alone in TN.
I just love this pic of him on the stump! I was trying to catch him in a crow, and he knew it, too! He thinks he is much bigger than he is, and struts his stuff around the yard!
Robertonstump.jpg

Here he is again, saying, is this my better side? I think he has two good sides LOL Doesn't he stand so tall and handsome for a 26 oz chicken? LOLOL
100_1564.jpg

And this is Emmy. I think she is what they consider a splash, but who knows? I just think she is a doll! My mom keeps bugging me to let her have her, but I have stuck to my guns and refused! LOL
Emmy.jpg

ETA:

I almost forgot this pic! It is of my Brown Chinese goose and a couple of our ducks.
100_1002.jpg

My DH built them a small pond, and he said if he built it I had to get ducks! We recently added the new ducklings, which I have posted pics of in another thread, and at the Mt. Hope swap we got a female mallard and Harley's Girl gave us a male for her. :)

I will get pics of the mallards tomorrow if I can!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Robert is most certainly a handsome, proud fellow! Beautiful coloring! And Emmie? I bet you can't stop hugging her...she looks like a stuffed animal! Sooooo cute!

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
You realize, I have 100+ animals, and almost all of them are named, except for the lay-or-you-will-be-dinn-er flock. :lol: