House with 4 acres in Maine ...photo album added to 1st post

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Wow, what a great place! I wish I could talk Hubby into moving....although I might freeze to death in Maine, I prefer weather in the low 70's :D

Good luck on a quick sale!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
stano40 said:
I didn't see the location of the home? Is the home in Fort Kent?

It's a very nice home?

bob
It is near Fort Kent, in St. David (school in Madawaska.) The listed price is $55K but they will take a reasonable offer if done before they need to make a trip (or should I say, before I need to make a trip!) to drain pipes and winterize it. SOON!

Is it a very nice home? That depends on what you consider to be "very nice!" I'm a little partial to it...it is older but was basically gutted over the years and a lot was done in the past ten years, so it really needs nothing done to move in and be happy. If I moved in tomorrow, I'd want to get a pasture fence up in the spring, and next year maybe work on the foundation under the porch and insulate the cellar so I could use it as a root cellar. One could certainly live in the house for many years and not likely have to do any maintenance other than cleaning. The outbuildings are new, too, and are wonderful, IMO. Oh, to be able to park inside, store all equipment and tools AND have a few goats in there...to me, heaven! Someone else might want to use the extra room for a workshop or to store ATV's and snowmobiles or even a boat. My folks had a flooring store so Dad made it with room for his car and his work van and rolls of flooring, if necessary. Plus room for a gazillion tools.

Have you looked at the albums, Bob? They were updated and there is a page two on at least one of them.

A few furnishing items could come with the house. It was stocked for renters, so there are dishes, pots and pans, utensils, etc. There is livingroom furniture, table and chairs, and at least one of the two beds will stay, along with some bureaus. A few other items, too, probably. There may be a lawnmower, I can't remember what is in the garage since I mainly worked on cleaning out the house....they moved there in 1976 so you can imagine the boxes in the crawl space closets...like time capsules! I wish I'd had more time to go through them. Anyways, I digress.

stano40

Power Conserver
Reaction score
You have no idea how much my wife wants that home. All she's said was how many bedrooms and she figuring out how long it would take her to travel from there to Portsmouth, NH for her job.

Alas, it can't happen with all the bills and mortgage on our present home.

bob

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
cool pics but that snow...for me no way lol

if ya really must sell now, don't they have those "we buy houses" anywhere firms that buy up tons of real estate. I don't know if they are "real" or not, just wondering.....

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Officially there are three bedrooms, two upstairs and one downstairs. In the pictures, the folks used the downstairs bedroom as a livingroom, so that is how it is furnished. But when I was a kid, that was their room and there were three bedrooms upstairs. When I moved out, my brother, taking construction courses in high school, took down the wall between my old room and his and made what is now the master bedroom with a walk-in closet.

jbowyer01

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Freemotion would it be okay if I cross posted this to a homesteading forum that I am a member of. I am sure there would be someone would would be interested. I'd love it but just dont think it'll work out for me an Dh at this time.