How expencive is it in USA?

Neiklot

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Thanks for your replies!

Boogity: The only thing that draws in the U.S. is your wilderness, Rocky Mountains have Always been in my dreams. :)
Otherwise would I rather remain here in safe Sweden.

(The world's best country?, You can move here instead :))

I was just wondering .. actually! :)

Boogity

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
About 10 years ago I was flying from Paris to Athens and the plane developed a mechanical problem and we had to land in Berne, Switzerland for repairs. The approach and the take-off was a little scary but the scenery was the most spectacular I have ever seen. I don't think I have ever seen more beautiful peaks and valleys in the world. Unfortunately we could not depart from the airport but our food for diner was wonderful.

Blaundee

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Boogity said:
Neiklot said:
Yes, as the title says, I wonder how expensive it is in the U.S.?
Neiklot - as some have mentioned here that the cost of living in the USA depends upon where a person chooses to live. Some areas are outrageous expensive and some areas somewhat cheaper. Something that is causing our cost of living to escalate rapidly over the past few years is the fact that the USA now has the worst group of elected officials in our nation's capital that we have ever had (at least in my 69 year lifetime). The clowns we have elected do not know how to balance their own checkbook and somehow we have allowed them to manage our tax money. We have re-elected the worst president in the history of our nation and he spends our money like a crazy person. His appointed thugs simply print more money as they see fit and therefore the value of our currency goes down almost daily. Inflation is totally out of control and nobody seems to want to stop it.

If you are asking about the cost of living here because you may be thinking that you may want to live here someday, I recommend that you reconsider it. The USA is in serious financial, political, and moral trouble and most think that is will get much worse in the next four years. The possibility of civil unrest and rebellion is greater than any time since our civil war. This is one of the main reasons that so many here are trying our best to be self sufficient.
SO true... but I will still never move away from my country, I love it with all of my heart and soul and will do anything I can to preserve the Constitution until I die- just as all of my forefathers have since funding and fighting in the Revolution. For now, we'll just get ready to hunker down and get ready to rebuild. If all of our ancestors could survive through tough times, so can we, especially since we see it coming and are smart enough to get ready.

Blaundee

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Neiklot said:
Thanks for your replies!

Boogity: The only thing that draws in the U.S. is your wilderness, Rocky Mountains have Always been in my dreams. :)
Otherwise would I rather remain here in safe Sweden.

(The world's best country?, You can move here instead :))

I was just wondering .. actually! :)
I live in the Rocky Mountains and LOVE it- deer and elk walk through my yard every day, and wild turkeys walk around on my porch LOL. However, if you want TRUE wilderness, go to Alaska! It is amazing! It just blows me away at the vastness and WILDNESS, literally!

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Yeah, I've been told that according to my square footage, I'm sitting on a 180,000 home. I wouldn't have thought so, but I guess. I sometimes think the day may come when I sell out and move to the boonies and live off the fat of the land. Apparently I'm not in one of those areas that have cheap land :(
Still, we do have a lot of freedoms (and I hope we don't lose anymore than we have to), so its still home.

Neiklot

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Boogity said:
About 10 years ago I was flying from Paris to Athens and the plane developed a mechanical problem and we had to land in Berne, Switzerland for repairs. The approach and the take-off was a little scary but the scenery was the most spectacular I have ever seen. I don't think I have ever seen more beautiful peaks and valleys in the world. Unfortunately we could not depart from the airport but our food for diner was wonderful.
I don't know if you know it, but Switzerland and Sweden is not the same country.

Especially Americans and Australians tend to confuse Switzerland and Sweden.. ;)

Boogity

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Oh I'm so sorry. I thought your profile indicated that you are from Switzerland. Oops, my mistake. :idunno

MarylandFutureFarmGuy

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I live in the DC area, and if you think 200k is expensive, get a load of this...my house sits on about 1/4 of an acre, is perhaps a bit more than 2000 sq. ft, was built in the 60's, and ain't the most beautiful thing ever, and it is probably worth around 600k nowadays...and that is outside of the DC beltway. Before you wonder how anyone except the fat cats can afford such ridiculous pricing, just know the income is a lot higher too. Pricing varies. I'm fairly certain we get a gallon of milk here for a little less than 4 bucks, and I don't think we pay more than 3 bucks for a dozen eggs. This is regular, store brand, mind you.

Neiklot

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Boogity said:
Oh I'm so sorry. I thought your profile indicated that you are from Switzerland. Oops, my mistake. :idunno
It's okey. :)

It is at least in Europ! ;)
(And Switzerland is a very Beautiful country!!)

About Alaska: Yes, that would be like the Dream of Dreams to go there! :)

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Neiklot said:
Boogity said:
It's okey. :)

It is at least in Europ! ;)
(And Switzerland is a very Beautiful country!!)Yep but their Navy sucks compared to yours!

About Alaska: Yes, that would be like the Dream of Dreams to go there! :)

Latest posts