How many chickens do you have? Or if your Wifezilla how many ducks?

ChickenToes

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
BarredBuff said:
ChickenToes said:
1 lone chicken, an Easter Egger, and then the duckies: 2 Welsh Harlequins, 1 Khaki Campbell, and 1 Mallard.
Are you going to get more?
I would like to get a few more chickens in the spring, my EE is now 3 years old and her laying is pretty sporadic. I won't get any more ducks though, 4 is plenty for me.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
ChickenToes said:
BarredBuff said:
ChickenToes said:
1 lone chicken, an Easter Egger, and then the duckies: 2 Welsh Harlequins, 1 Khaki Campbell, and 1 Mallard.
Are you going to get more?
I would like to get a few more chickens in the spring, my EE is now 3 years old and her laying is pretty sporadic. I won't get any more ducks though, 4 is plenty for me.
Well good! Four ducks is plenty for me too.

mandieg4

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
38 hens (3 EE, 5 turkens, 5 red sexlinks, 5 silver laced wyandotte, 2 new hampshire reds, 23 black sexlinks)

1 silver laced wyandotte rooster

Currently 0 meat chickens, but only because we butchered 24 a couple weeks ago and we are getting ready for the next batch. We can get some next week, but I think we'll wait until after the first of the year.

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
No ducks, but we have six New Hampshire Reds. Just over 2 years old. They will be going in the pot this coming spring, to be replaced with six more of the same breed. I plan on ordering their replacements when we order our 50 meat birds.

ksalvagno

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
3 Golden Buffs, 2 Black Stars, 4 RIR, 2 Speckled Sussex, 3 Americauna, 1 Plymouth Barred Rock, 3 Welsummers, 1 white Leghorn, 2 Leghorn mixes, 4 Blue Lace Red Wyandotts, 2 Salmon Faverolle.

20 are supposed to be currently laying and 7 are still growing. But I'm only getting 8-11 eggs per day so once the new ones are in with the older girls, I'm going to move girls that I think aren't laying and find out whose laying eggs and who isn't. Then the ones who aren't laying will make great stews and soup.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
We just did a head count last night. I'm down to 30, all of varying ages. We have drasticaly cut down our number of animals to overwinter, with a few more still on thier way to freezer camp. Two ducks.

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Last I knew my mom and I had;
About 50-60 chickens, all ages, various breeds, mixed breeds, etc.
20 ducks (6 Muscovies, 2 Aylesburies, 2 Blue Swedes, 3 Buff, 1 Appleyard, 2 Welsh Harlequin, 3 Mallard, 1 Runner)
5-6 geese (embden, gray, and mix)
7 turkeys (4 wild, 1 white Holland, 1 royal palm, 1 mix)
6? guineas
12 pigeons (roller and Homer)
5 peafowl (Indian Blue pair, Cameo pair, and Pied hen)

Wait until Quail Antwerp sees the thread, I reckon she probably has about 300 chickens now, plus various other fowl.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Blackbird said:
Last I knew my mom and I had;
About 50-60 chickens, all ages, various breeds, mixed breeds, etc.
20 ducks (6 Muscovies, 2 Aylesburies, 2 Blue Swedes, 3 Buff, 1 Appleyard, 2 Welsh Harlequin, 3 Mallard, 1 Runner)
5-6 geese (embden, gray, and mix)
7 turkeys (4 wild, 1 white Holland, 1 royal palm, 1 mix)
6? guineas
12 pigeons (roller and Homer)
5 peafowl (Indian Blue pair, Cameo pair, and Pied hen)

Wait until Quail Antwerp sees the thread, I reckon she probably has about 300 chickens now, plus various other fowl.
GOSH

Latest posts