how much for your farm eggs?

Niele da Kine

Power Conserver
Reaction score
One person at the quilting group sells a dozen smaller eggs from her feral chickens for $2.50 a dozen but she only has about one or two dozen a week. Someone else sells large brown eggs for $4 a dozen, those are from Buff Orphingtons which run free in the huge backyard. Someone else has a mixed flock of chickens and she sell the multicolored eggs to a health food store for $5 a dozen and they turn around and sell them for $7. Someone else is selling free range multicolored eggs at a farmer's market for $6 a dozen and sells out every week. I used to hatch the eggs from the backyard chickens and sell the chicks for $5 each so a dozen eggs with say ten of them that hatched would bring $50 a dozen. We've moved into town now, though, so no more rooster. We still have three hens but not enough eggs to sell anymore.

eggrookie2010

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I charge $3.50 a dozen....my cartons cost 4 cents each (600 in the package) on special from Eggcartons.com. I tie em up with jute after putting in a business card. I call it "Tombstone Eggery and Aprons". My coop looks like an old west general store. I write the name of the hen and the date on each egg. Folks in town go wild for what they call "boutique eggs". Hilarious. Just regular old birds....with names like Big Nose Kate and Miss Kitty....who lay pretty colored eggs.
2961_eggs_001.jpg

so lucky

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Very clever! Nothing like adding that personal touch that makes the purchase seem special. Do you reuse the cartons?

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I need to find cartons that will hold Roxi's eggs! The ones I have are from extra large eggs (someone gave them to me), and they're too small!