how much water do you drink?

ToLiveToLaugh

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
hoosier said:
Plain water? I drank a glass about two weeks ago. Prior to that . . I can't remember the last time - years and years.
Um... what do you drink then? Maybe that sounds really dumb! I just hardly drink anything but water....

delia_peterson

Covered in Compost
Reaction score
I drink a gallon or more a day. The only other drinks I have are 1-2 cups of coffee, green and kombucha tea. And kefir.:)

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
1/2 gallon or more if my activity level is high for the day.

Iceblink

Maa Maa Mama
Reaction score
In the summer I do a lot of physical work, so I usually drink about a gallon. Some of that is herbal sun tea, but mostly it is plain water.

In the winter I have to remind myself to drink water, and I usually only have about 32oz. But, I don't sweat much in the winter either.

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
i drink tons but i have a problem that i only care for bottles water even though i love our citys water just need to start filling the bottles back up some day

i prefer it room temperature rather than cold

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Bubblingbrooks said:
Never enough.
But, I strive to make sure the water is not cold. Cold liquids slow digestion drastically.
I do drink lots of raw milk and Kombucha as well.

For those that drink coffee, note that it is a diaretic (sp?) so for every cup of coffee you drink, you need to drink an extra 2 glasses of water.
I make up for the coffee with beer flavored water. :clap

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
SKR8PN, you need a smack....here's one :smack :lol:

I've said this before somewhere, I think....Our bodies get rid of toxins in ways that also get rid of moisture. So we need more liquids than just enough to remain hydrated.

Some ways we get rid of toxins: Poop, pee, sweat, breath, blood and lymph flow. All take water to function well.

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
freemotion said:
SKR8PN, you need a smack....here's one :smack :lol:

I've said this before somewhere, I think....Our bodies get rid of toxins in ways that also get rid of moisture. So we need more liquids than just enough to remain hydrated.

Some ways we get rid of toxins: Poop, pee, sweat, breath, blood and lymph flow. All take water to function well.
So I'm guessing I won't need to worry about you stealin' my coffee OR my beer?
:hide
The more coffee or beer I drink, the more I pee, poop, sweat and SOMETIMES I even bleed :ep so that must mean I AM getting rid of toxins, right? :gig :gig