How to grate fels-naptha without hemmorhaging?

eggs4sale

Lush who can't use a cheese grater
Reaction score
Thank you for the welcomes. Now I'll be known as the lush who can't use a cheese grater. That's not the worst, I guess.

I haven't grated my thumb off yet, just some fingernails, but that's what makes enchiladas so special.

My son just put on a DVD of Bewitched, the 2nd season. I wonder if I could get him to grate soap. He thinks he's stronger than me, anyways. He's 11.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Now yer talkin! I make my sons do it if I am busy doing something else....they soon make short work of it and I don't shave off body parts!

Trust me, there are worse things than being known, on this forum, as a lush who cannot work a cheese grater...... :lol:

I'm known as the old lady who can't hold her water when someone makes me laugh....... :rolleyes:

I think it will be an interesting and never dull thing to have you here........ :D

(I will have to try that secret ingredient to the enchiladas.....somehow, it never occured to me to use that.... )

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
I use my food processor :D

It takes a while to get the soap off the grating wheel, but it is better than spending all that extra money on Motrin and Vodka!!!
:gig
Wait a minute...........you mean your not supposed to use Vodka when doing stuff in the kitchen? I thought it was standard issue in EVERYONE kitchen! That and Beer! :lol:

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
eggs4sale said:
Thank you for the welcomes. Now I'll be known as the lush who can't use a cheese grater.
Yup..........sounds to me like that should be your new title,just under your screen name and just above your avitar. :gig
Oh ya.....:frow :frow Welcome!

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
HERE is the fun we have been craving BEE!!!! Woo hoo, it is almost Friday. In fact we call Thursday "faux Friday" here...so have some vodka, I'm having some too, it unofficially the weekend!!

Sorry about your thumb Bee, that hurt to read!

Is there some kind of hand protector out there? Like for the mandolin? Hey, why not try a mandolin?

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
:lol:

I just KNEW you would be on board, BBH! :lol:

Yes....anyone try the mandolin? :lol:

Dang it......I have to go home now and won't be able to see how this all ends for awhile.

Hey, BBH, keep the fun going for me? :D

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
I use a cheese grater to grate my soap, too. It's an antique that was my mom's. The new one I have just doesn't work as well.

But, I use Ivory Soap in my laundry detergent. Is fels naptha that much harder than Ivory?

After I grate it, I put some of it in the food processor with the dry bleach and it granulates it really fine.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
It is pretty much harder than Ivory. It tends to crumble more than shave, depending on the age of the bar. It doesn't have the emollients in it that Ivory does, as its meant for laundry and is a degreasing agent.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
HERE is the fun we have been craving BEE!!!! Woo hoo, it is almost Friday. In fact we call Thursday "faux Friday" here...so have some vodka, I'm having some too, it unofficially the weekend!!

Sorry about your thumb Bee, that hurt to read!

Is there some kind of hand protector out there? Like for the mandolin? Hey, why not try a mandolin?
BBH if our new lush is struggling with a cheese grater, we def. don't want her using a mandolin! Yikes...talk about scraping of a finger :sick

You can actually get a glove to wear for kitchen tasks, it helps keep people from bleeding!