How to grate fels-naptha without hemmorhaging?

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Dace said:
BBH if our new lush is struggling with a cheese grater, we def. don't want her using a mandolin! Yikes...talk about scraping of a finger :sick
:lol: What am I then, the old lush? ;) Or has that title been claimed already? :lol:

And you are right Dace, NEGATORY on the mandolin eggs4sale!!!!! :bun

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
See.... the problem is not the Fels or the Grater. Its the Vodka. This particular endevor calls for a cold beer, a Sunday afternoon on the front porch and passing the grater, fels and bowl around to all who are sitting there with you. Take a sip of beer, grate for a few minutes then pass to the next person. If you happen to have a large crowd go ahead and break out two bars of soap. It eleminates haveing to do it later. Keep it in a Zip Lock bag in the freezer until you need it.

The bloody mary made with the Vodka comes later. You know as a reward.

If you can't gather a crowd it makes great punishment for children. You get your grated soap and they have a blast. And while they are doing that you can prop up your feet and drink the vodka.

onebuggirl

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I used my cheese grate, but I found Ivory grates like butter melts. I use either one. Other wise you could just chop it like a block of chocolate ussing a large knife. The grating is to just speed up melting...don't give up and don't buy tide!

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
bbh, you don't qualify for the old part in old lush. But I do :lol:
But I'm all out of vodka at the moment, so I'll have some rum in my tea.
If any of you ever watch the "Duggers" on tv, they use a metal grinder to grate the soap. Looked real easy. No need to shave off pieces of finger or nails either.
I use a flat cheese grater also, with the big holes.
I'll have to try the food processor. SO finally lets me use it :rolleyes:
We've only been together for 12 years. :D

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
2dream said:
See.... the problem is not the Fels or the Grater. Its the Vodka. This particular endevor calls for a cold beer, a Sunday afternoon on the front porch and passing the grater, fels and bowl around to all who are sitting there with you. Take a sip of beer, grate for a few minutes then pass to the next person. If you happen to have a large crowd go ahead and break out two bars of soap. It eleminates haveing to do it later. Keep it in a Zip Lock bag in the freezer until you need it.

The bloody mary made with the Vodka comes later. You know as a reward.

If you can't gather a crowd it makes great punishment for children. You get your grated soap and they have a blast. And while they are doing that you can prop up your feet and drink the vodka.
:lol:
bbh, you don't qualify for the old part in old lush. But I do
But I'm all out of vodka at the moment, so I'll have some rum in my tea.
If any of you ever watch the "Duggers" on tv, they use a metal grinder to grate the soap. Looked real easy. No need to shave off pieces of finger or nails either.
I use a flat cheese grater also, with the big holes.
I'll have to try the food processor. SO finally lets me use it
We've only been together for 12 years.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:lol:

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
You all are DRUNK. All the poor person wants to know is how to make grating the soap easier.

Just drop that HARD bar of OLD soap in a pan of water overnight ... it will grate so easily after that! I usually grate the homemade lye soap I use the day AFTER I make it while the bars are still moist and soft.

Now back to the drinking. Who's got RUM?

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Why put it in anything? I love the way it burns going down straight IF it is good rum!

I wanna be a pirate ... Oh a pirate's life for me. Grog! :gig

Latest posts