How to lose a few pounds/inches without any radical diet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
MorelCabin said:
Wannabefree said:
I quit caffeine and cut back on salt and lost 30. It wasn't easy...but it worked. I didn't even mean to diet, I was trying to quit having so many panic attacks but got both...less attacks AND lost weight :D
I figured out that the wrong fats also cause panic attacks...like a buger and fries at a fast food joint is next day anxiety...and chocolate...ohhhh, that will drive me right into next week!
The panic attack is caused by your adrenals freaking out from the bad food hit they took.

Up-the-Creek

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
MorelCabin said:
Wannabefree said:
I quit caffeine and cut back on salt and lost 30. It wasn't easy...but it worked. I didn't even mean to diet, I was trying to quit having so many panic attacks but got both...less attacks AND lost weight :D
I figured out that the wrong fats also cause panic attacks...like a buger and fries at a fast food joint is next day anxiety...and chocolate...ohhhh, that will drive me right into next week!
Okay MC,...BUGER and fries???? I read Lori's journal,....booger,..buger,...:lol:
Is that a new diet???? :gig :lol:

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Up-the-Creek said:
MorelCabin said:
Wannabefree said:
Okay MC,...BUGER and fries???? I read Lori's journal,....booger,..buger,...:lol:
Is that a new diet???? :gig :lol:
I asked for that one! :lol:

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I lost 70 lbs eating healthy. I mainly cut crap carbs like white bread, pasta, etc. I subsituted -- like I love fettucine alfredo. Now I sautee chicken cubed, add alot of broccoli and smother it in alfredo sauce and parm cheese. I also cut sweets dramatically. I had dessert but geared toward very sweet fruits and very little crap desserts.

worked for me and I did drink while losing this weight. I was just careful not to drink everyday, and when I did drink I increased water intake dramatically---even tho I drank tons of water per day anyway lol

if I wanted a heavy meal I ate it for breakfast or lunch. Early in the day with a light dinner of meat and salad usually. If I wanted a smothered baked potatoe I had jsut 1/2 instead of a whole one. Little changes ya know.....

So just changing a few habits and being active worked for me...still has cause I kept the weight off.

good luck and just eat right and smart.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
MorelCabin said:
Wannabefree said:
NOT CHOCOCLATE!! I sneak some on occassion, it's good for my mental health :D It DOES have caffeine though...so a little goes a logn way ;)

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Bailey'sMom said:
I think your best bet is to just eat a healthy diet- balanced. Not too high in fat; limit saturated fats; eliminate trans fats. Eat lots of veggies and a good amount of fruit; avoid refined carbs and eat whole grains. It's really just common sense.

Also I agree that a high fiber diet is best; along with a healthy intake of water.
You must be new here :)

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Also, portion control!! Not to be confused with counting calories.

Like tonight I'm eating half a pound of bacon (since I like it crispified, it shrivels into nothing, sound more then it is), two eggs fried in the grease topped w/ half an avocado.

I could eat more then that, but why? Practicing control!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Oh I forgot another key element to my success...plenty of sleep!! shouldn't be hard once you get off the caffeine if you decide to try it :lol: For about the first two weeks I was out like a light by around 9 pm. :lol: I TRIPLED my energy though, and felt better than I did in my twenties!! We are just a year apart BTW ;) 76' here. I started gaining mid twenties and stayed sluggish all the time. The lifestyle was fast food on the road with the hubs and kids most of the time though, so not so good for the body. It took it's toll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts