How to lose a few pounds/inches without any radical diet

Status
Not open for further replies.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
I did find this at the same link as above...
"Chickens fed polyunsaturates develop brain damage very quickly, but perhaps this should not be expected to apply to humans. "

It isn't that the chickens are eating fat (as well know those fluffy little dinosaurs LOVE to do), but that the fats are of vegetable origins. Saturated fat = good and polyunsaturated fat = bad. I do think that applies to humans as well as chickens.
So I can blame vegetable oil for my lack of intellectual developement? This is great stuff!!!!! Finally!!!! Somewhere to lay blame!!!!!!!!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
LOL

Yes!

My mom forcing us to eat oleo instead of real butter explains a lot about my grades :gig

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I ate tons of Parkay growing up....easy to spread ya know! :) Straight As in school!

but butter is better on the tongue :lol:

I am not brain damaged yet....am I? mabye? no, I buy butter now, if I was brain damaged I would be on some fake butter to make me feel great :bun :bun

oh and Mom ditched the Parkay also..butter only :tongue :bun

Do they still make Parkay???

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
Isn't parkay the one with the scary talking plastic tub?

kristenm1975

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I guess it's tricky to ask a question about diet without lining up for a controversy. After all, if there was one simple answer, why would we need all those fashion magazines?

I appreciate all the answers I got, and in the process of reading them, realized that I'm looking for that one magic response, that one thing I hadn't thought of. Naturally it wasn't there because it doesn't exist.

I was curious about the suggestion of eating more fiber however. In my experience with that method, I have ended up horribly bloated, so in actuality, I was needing larger size pants just to fit my swollen belly into. Not at all what I was looking for. On top of which, that painful feeling of gas cramps and the resultant rumble from down under both leaving me wondering what was so bad about the size I am already.

How do you folks who use higher fiber balance those unwanted symptoms?

Bailey'sMom

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I think the trick to increasing fiber intake is to increase it gradually. If you bump up your intake too quickly you will experience the symptoms you mentioned. I would not go from say, 15 grams per day to 40 grams per day. Increase it a little at a time- say 5 grams per day for a week until you get used to it and then bump it up again.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
kristenm1975 said:
I guess it's tricky to ask a question about diet without lining up for a controversy. After all, if there was one simple answer, why would we need all those fashion magazines?

I appreciate all the answers I got, and in the process of reading them, realized that I'm looking for that one magic response, that one thing I hadn't thought of. Naturally it wasn't there because it doesn't exist.

I was curious about the suggestion of eating more fiber however. In my experience with that method, I have ended up horribly bloated, so in actuality, I was needing larger size pants just to fit my swollen belly into. Not at all what I was looking for. On top of which, that painful feeling of gas cramps and the resultant rumble from down under both leaving me wondering what was so bad about the size I am already.

How do you folks who use higher fiber balance those unwanted symptoms?
High fiber is tricky as you found out. If it causes pain, then it should not be undertaken.
It bulks up the stool to be much larger then what the intestine is meant to deal with, and it dehydrates you.
Inability to lose weight is a sign of high cortisol levels, caused by adrenal fatigue, whether or not you feel any of the obvious signs.

So yes, in a way, it is a "magic" answer, but you have to rest and supplement properly to heal.
When your endocrine system is working properly, you will never have to work at losing weight, because your body will take care of that for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.