How's your weather?

Miss Lydia

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Pretty Sumi! and finally you got some.

We have close to 11" now after getting more last night.
These were taken yesterday morn.

Attachments

• IMG_0168.JPG
    IMG_0168.JPG
    108.6 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_0169.JPG
    IMG_0169.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_0172.JPG
    IMG_0172.JPG
    98.7 KB · Views: 135

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Oh, that's pretty!!! We only got a skiff of snow, much like Sumi's pics. The grass and leaves are still poking through, so not even an inch of cover.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We got about 6" yesterday/last night. Happy dogs, happy kid, grumpy goats and grown ups who have to shove!

Miss Lydia

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Most of my bantams won't even come out the door. I don't feed inside but had to put feed and water inside yesterday. Poor things do not like all this snow. It's their first time seeing it too. My scovy's even went inside and stayed.

It's so cold it isn't fun to be out in it.

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We in the USA have hunting seasons to control the wild animal population. I've noticed that the past couple of years that it always snows a little bit just before it opens then doesn't snow again until after it ends.
I don't hunt myself but I do have family members that hunt but I just wish it would so that way the hunters would be able to have better luck at getting a deer.
Will all of you who has gotten snow please send some my way?

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
It's still coming down, but much slower now and what's on the concrete in the backyard is starting to melt. I went and swept the footpath running past my house a few minutes ago, to make it less less awkward to walk on.

My hens didn't stick a beak out of the shed yet lol I keep a bowl of food in there for them, since it rains here so often, it gets wet outside, if the rooks don't eat it all. So I went and put their water bowl in there this morning as well.

Miss Lydia

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My birds always come outside no matter the temps it just the deep snow that has them coop bound.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Mine come out in the cold and deep snow, no matter what. They are just too addicted to finding food out there and will look for it no matter what, even after they've been fed for the day. They are pigs, not chickens!

These WRs have the best winter coats I've ever seen on a chicken, so the cold doesn't seem to bother them at all, but the BAs are not so winter hardy as that and don't stay out as long as the WRs can.

Miss Lydia

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
All my older chickens LF came out today to hang out under the wood shed but My Bantams will not come out. I could go and make them go out but I don't think I will. But boy is that coop messy my Runners and Muscovy's have been going in an out of there too. Lay around for a while then go back outside. This scary white stuff isn't any fun.