hqueen's collection of Far From the Usual stuff.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
@Denim Deb Good points to think about. It does take maintenance, and I know they do stretch, but I think the maintenance is lower than on a standard board fence. That's a good idea to get the posts made for the split rail fence, but you're right if something happens you'd have to undo the whole thing!
As of right now I don't plan to have anything small enough to wiggle out from under it, LOL at least the BF is convinced that we won't! LOL

@baymule I started working with an animal communicator first because I was having problems with my animals. From there I really got intrigued and wanted to know more, and the woman I was working with offered classes. With a lot of practice and patience anyone can learn. It isn't always easy, and you have to get around the self doubt stuff, but really, it is possible. They do talk to me, but I still need to be in the right frame of mind to really 'hear' it. I tend to get a lot of impressions on the energy and presence of an animal, sort of like their personality. I was working with a friend's cat the other day, and he comes across like a jock from the movie Grease! He's hilarious, and quite cocky, and very funny. He thinks very well of himself! (many animals do, actually!). It's a blast, and I love working with the animals, even not having ever met some of them in person I develop relationships with them when I work with them frequently. I'm really trying to get the business up and running to the point where it will support me and give me the freedom to do the things I really want to do. It's slow to start, but I'm feeling really good about this year! I work with animals that are here, and also ones that have crossed over, so feel free to reach out if you want to chat about a session!

hqueen13

Reaction score
This week is a little crazy. I'm covering extra hours in the office so that means less time at home to keep up with stuff. I had my "off day" yesterday, and I spent it running errands, cleaning up the house, and doing some work. I finally had my call with the gal that I won the business coaching from. I'm very excited to be working with her, I think it will be helpful. She's given me some home work to do, and she's going to help me start getting organized so that I can start putting myself out there to generate business. It's about time!

Not much else happening otherwise, which is probably a good thing.

We got about 1-2" of snow out of this storm. It's been pretty, and enough to buggar things up, but not really much to shovel or plow. I think that's going to be the story of our winter mostly, just a pain in the you know what.

I guess it's good to not have much of an update for once!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That is fascinating. I would love to learn how to do that. Are there books or would I have to find someone to teach me?

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Boy would that ever make me feel like a jerk when I took pigs to slaughter. :( Or butchered a chicken. :\

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
There were many times that I wished I could understand animals and there were times when I was kinda glad I don't! It is amazing, that you're able to do that :)

hqueen13

Reaction score
@baymule my mentor has classes, both online/virtual and in person workshops. You can find out more about her at www.joanranquet.com It is possible to learn, it does take some patience with yourself and dedication to do it, but it's very possible!

And as for the slaughter issue - I've thought about that a lot. I am in a very outspoken group of people that understand the balance of life. If I have animals that are raised for meat, that's their purpose, and they will know that. I am also beyond grateful and honored that they are part of my life in order to nourish me. AND I feel SO much better knowing EXACTLY how their life went. That they were happy, and led joyful lives to the best extent that I could provide, as well as knowing without a doubt that their end was swift and as kind a possible. That gives me great comfort. I am not to the point where I could do any slaughtering myself, but I think eventually I'll get to that point. I don't think it's fair to pass off the 'dirty work' to someone else, especially with my philosophy and views. I look to the Native American way of being in harmony with the world as a part of it in the middle and not trying to be separate from it. I feel like trying to be all vegetarian or vegan would disrupt my balance within the world more so than finding a way to be at peace with the animals that I am gaining nourishment from.

Speaking of biz stuff, I got in contact with the gal that did the graphic work on my first logo for the boarding biz, and she replied to me! She's going to do my logo for the new biz for $100 which is a pretty good price considering she only really needs to change it into graphics and then make it able to be put on several different backgrounds. I'm thrilled to be able to support her, she's a student of my cousin's and did a great job working with me on the first one. I have drawn them up myself, but need someone to convert them into a usable graphic, and she did a lovely job on the first one, and put up with all my adjustments and changes! This one should be even easier, I think, so hopefully I can get it taken care of quickly.

Brrr, it's freezing this morning! It was 16 when I left, and 9 when I got to my friend's farm. The office heat cuts off over night, and seems to come on whenever I get into the office. I don't know how it knows that someone is here, but of course it's not really fast enough to actually warm it up. The thermostat said 57 when I got in, and it hasn't shut off since I got here. I have a space heater next to me, which is only sort of helping. I left my lined jeans on for a while because I didn't want to change into my corduroys which are cold from sitting in the car! They're sitting next to the space heater :p

I'm SO grateful for my new truck! My friend's driveway is snow covered, still, and I haven't had a problem getting in or out! That makes me feel soo much better!

I'm not staying in the office for too long today. I need to swing by the farm because I'm a poor horse mom and totally forgot to get Storm's hay pellets when I was there last week. DOH! So I picked them up yesterday afternoon and will drop them off and make up feed tonight. Oops.

The good news is that my friends get back on Friday which means I don't have to get up and head to a farm on Saturday or Sunday! I can actually sleep in! Which probably means only 7:00, but not NEEDING to leave the house as soon as possible is a wonderful feeling! But she did tell me they're probably headed out again on Thursday next week. Right now that's my only source of income in the biz, so I'm mostly ok with that! I get tired of going over there, but it's not a difficult job, it's just the drive time. Some day I won't need to, though, and I'll miss seeing her horses every day.

I can't wait until I don't have to drive to the barn 3 times per week to take care of Storm and the rest of the co-op either! Being in that barn is wreaking havoc on my allergies. I'm sneezing and having a really hard time with sinus issues in the middle of a freezing WINTER because of it. I love my friend TM, but her barn is not up to the standards that I appreciate, and I'm sure there's lots of mold and icky stuff lurking in it, which sets me off. The BF won't even come help me at all because it messes him up so bad, too. At least that's what he claims anyway. I believe him, but it's disappointing not to have his help sometimes.

Otherwise not much happening around here this weekend. It looks like the weather is going to be clear and above freezing this weekend. I think we'll probably spend as much of that time outside as possible! We need to get the chimneys swept so we can start making fires consistently to keep warm (of course we need wood to burn, but still), and we want to start measuring and laying out things so we can get a feel for how we'll design the property and space. I think we also need to do some organizing in the little shed that we have so that more things can get put away in there. I also want to run up to my realtor's house so we can get the nest boxes and a roosting bar put into the chicken coop so I can get that SOLD so I can put that money towards a new coop and maybe a hay feeder and tack box for me so I can store my stuff better! I'm about to the point where if the BF doesn't do it I'm gonna do it myself dammit. The weather hasn't been great, but we still need to get a move on these things so we can get them checked off the list!

Dang it's cold in here and it's making typing difficult!!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I am the builder here, not my DH. I really don't even want him to help me, but he does. Sometimes we work well together, sometimes we argue because he wants it done his way and I know it wont work, but can't convince him of that. So I get mad and quit.

If you want it done, do it yourself. he might feel guilty and come out to help you.

Thanks for the information on talking to animals . I think about how much I am wary of pigs when we have them.....and I tell them they are going in the freezer, and I am going to bite THEM! LOL

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Question, is the telepathy "on" all the time or can you turn it on and off? Can animals talk to you at any time they wish and are you receptive?

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I'm all for doing things myself as well. It's the only way they get done more often than not.