Hunting and fishing stories

Chicks in VA

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Feel free to share
All sorts of stories of hunting,fishing ,and outdoor life!!

So as for me its the last day to hunt with rifles I am resorting back to my Crossbow tommorow
well im not hunting tomorrow.

So feel free to share your stories and ask me questions
But I also will fish through the cold cold winter!!!

Story 1 from this morning

Got in the stand at 6:40 ish a little late then a deer and her chubby yearling came by then 3 hours and 20 boring mins later
I spooked 2 Huge does by moving my head to fast!
This afternoon i got in at 20 and didn't see anything till like 5:20
2 leans does and the same mom and yearling

Story 2 :
So After church one afternoon I went out in our rhino blind got nice and warm and bored and fell asleep lol
When I woke up, I saw a big body buck at like 25-30 yards but yet again move my head way to fast and spooked him!
PS: This story was back in bow season

;

Chicks in VA

Power Conserver
Reaction score
DH almost missed a trophy buck he'd been watching on game cams for months... because he was reading a book on his phone. :gig
Thats something my dad would do!
Its sad people no long read books on paper
as im on a laptop but anyway

So how many points was he?

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Thats something my dad would do!
Its sad people no long read books on paper
as im on a laptop but anyway

So how many points was he?
8 points. Not a monster, but he's handsome.

I prefer to read print books. (I am convinced people retain information better when they read from print. plus reading on a screen changes how we scan a page and it's not good.) I love my local library!

Chicks in VA

Power Conserver
Reaction score
8 points. Not a monster, but he's handsome.

I prefer to read print books. (I am convinced people retain information better when they read from print. plus reading on a screen changes how we scan a page and it's not good.) I love my local library!
I love print books as well
they are so amazing

CLSranch

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I haven't hunted since I moved. I would have to hit the public land now. I still buy print books. Here in OK there is no longer tag in stations. Just get online and tag it with your phone before you leave the deer woods.

All that to say the last buck I shot and wanted to mount I had to have another person with a smartphone do it for me after he drove to town to get service and tag his.

I've also fell asleep in the stand. I've had squirrels wake me from 4' away, as they barked at me.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Haven't been hunting in 30 years now. Last deer hunting week was horrible with trespassers, illegally dressed at that, and drunken idiots at the next farm over (was at my brother in laws family farm). Not enjoyable.

Last fishing was almost 10 years ago on the Tennessee River at the Tennessee/Alabama border where I caught a branch and a rusty Budweiser beer can.

This is why I focus on gardening. Lolol.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i used to fish a lot, so many stories...

in Colorado one trip with my brother we found this small stream going up a small canyon with beaver dams, small ponds, trees, just a beautiful day. caught a few fish and stuck them on a stringer and kept going upstream. eventually came back down and stringer was gone, think a bear got them from the tracks. after we left that day we could not ever find that stream again. it was still one of those perfect days to me. i don't need to catch anything i just love walking streams. most fishing i've done is catch and release.

i've worked as a librarian at times so you can probably figure out what i think about books. :)

Chicks in VA

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I've also fell asleep in the stand. I've had squirrels wake me from 4' away, as they barked at me.
Those damn squirrel's
Haven't been hunting in 30 years now. Last deer hunting week was horrible with trespassers, illegally dressed at that, and drunken idiots at the next farm over (was at my brother in laws family farm). Not enjoyable.

Last fishing was almost 10 years ago on the Tennessee River at the Tennessee/Alabama border where I caught a branch and a rusty Budweiser beer can.

This is why I focus on gardening. Lolol.
Sad Hunting when you're not having trespassers is so amazing

for me the hunt is not all about the shot it's about spending time in God's work and glory!
My mom loves her garden as much as she loves me lmao
i used to fish a lot, so many stories...

in Colorado one trip with my brother we found this small stream going up a small canyon with beaver dams, small ponds, trees, just a beautiful day. caught a few fish and stuck them on a stringer and kept going upstream. eventually came back down and stringer was gone, think a bear got them from the tracks. after we left that day we could not ever find that stream again. it was still one of those perfect days to me. i don't need to catch anything i just love walking streams. most fishing i've done is catch and release.

i've worked as a librarian at times so you can probably figure out what i think about books. :)
The bears😭

We had a snaping turtle come when we were not looking and take the 2 fish right of our stringer at my grandad's house!!