Hunting dog getting spoiled

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I asked my wife if she likes hanging out in the cave with the guys. She looks and says:

Lazy Dog 1
IMG_20201202_001511389.jpg

Lazy Dog 2
IMG_20201202_001519147.jpg

Then she said I would much rather hang out with you guys, girls are to prissy and gosip to much. You guys are all chilled and laid back and I can read my book in peace and quiet. Besides who's gonna get me with you guys hanging around?

So now I understand why she was wanting to spoil my hunting dog. It's for (protection/sense of security). We are out in the middle of nowhere, it's very peaceful, we guys don't talk much... And yeah I would like to see someone who's not welcome, try and get past us boys.

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well since my hunting dog is now spoiled and no longer stays in the barn. I had a flipping family of racoons I had to run out of the barn. So I've been keeping the doors closed. This evening I fed my hunting dog and turned off the lights and closed the door behind me.

I kid you not... but not more than 5 minutes later my wife hears him howling. She says to me "did you lock him up in the barn?" I said yes, I fed him and left him in there to finish eating. She said well I think he done eating now and he sure sounds lonely, will you go get him for me, please? Yes Hun, I'll go get him. Now why my wife has suddenly taken such a intrest in my dog, I'll probably never know and if I did know, I'm almost certain I would not understand why.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Let me tell you an ammo story. Yeah... it's in short supply. I recently bought my very own hand gun. Could only get one box of ammo when I bought it, and they weren't getting any more in. So... we were stopping at ammo store every week. Hubby went in recently, while I sat in the car. He came out with a big grin on his face. Scored a box for his gun, AND a box for mine. He said they just got a shipment in. They were allowing a single box of any caliber per customer. So... I went in to buy a box for myself. Marched up to the counter, told the guy what I wanted, and he states. "We don't have any. You can check back next week." I held my ground, told him, "A guy in the parking lot JUST BOUGHT A BOX OF THE SAME THING. HE TOLD ME THAT YOU HAD A NEW SHIPMENT IN." Salesman, bumbles around a bit, looks at the shelf, and repeats, we don't have any. Then he asks 2 other employees. Do we have any _____. They both shrug their shoulders. So, I said, "THE GUY IN THE PARKING LOT SAID IT HADN'T BEEN UNLOADED YET, SO THE SALESMAN WENT OUT BACK AND PULLED IT OFF THE PALLET FOR HIM." Salesman continues to give dumb looks. And, I just stood there, and stared him down. Finally, he reaches back on the shelf, pulls a box off and slings it on the counter. "I'm not supposed to sell this, but I guess I can let you have it." Revenge is sweet. I paid for it with cash. Had an elastic band around my cash, and when I pulled out a $20, it ripped in half!!! So he had to tape it back together!!! Now, I have to wonder if my shabby treatment was a gender thing?????

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I once dealt with a car salesman like that. Hubby and I went together, and when the salesman started his spiel to hubby, hubby told him, "My WIFE is shopping for a car. SHE will be choosing the car, SHE will be paying for it. You need to be talking to HER." Salesman continued directing his spiel towards hubby. Finally, after he'd extolled the virtues of the car we were looking at, he turned to me, and stated: "It has lumbar cushioning in the seat." As he pointed to the bump in the upper seat back, where it would have landed in my mid thoracic region. I pointed this design flaw out to him, and he argued the point. Then, the moron goes to the rider side, opens the door, pulls down the visor, and... in his crowning moment of salesmanship, he stated: "And, LOOK!!! It has a vanity mirror!!!" I tore up his business card in front of him, and we went elsewhere to shop.

Latest posts