Hunting dog getting spoiled

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
How old is your old hunting dog? What kind of dog is he?
If I recall from a different thread he is a hound?

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
He looks like a good boy, though. What kind of hunting does he do?

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So, how is the wife's dog taking to this newly "spoiled" attention to your dog? Of course, he is already spoiled.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
What could be better than a dog that brings you supper? :ya Cooking it for you? :lol:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My hunting dog scared my neighbor 🤣

So my neighbor was out back of his barn looking for a piece of metal. Apparently the piece he was looking for was near the ground and up against the barn. So he got down on his knees to pull it out and he said: "all of a sudden I heard breathing and felt it in my ear, it scared me half to death. I jumped up quicker than I have in decades and there's your dog wagging his tail" His wife was busting a gut laughing so hard as he told me the story. I said well he was just wanting to help or he wanted catfish, one or the other 😂

We have snakes around here, plenty of them. I already knew he was being cautious rummaging through his scrape metal pile. I'm thinking I may need to holster a cheap shot .22, just for snakes. Ammo is stupid high priced, even if you can find it at all.

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Let me tell you an ammo story. Yeah... it's in short supply. I recently bought my very own hand gun. Could only get one box of ammo when I bought it, and they weren't getting any more in. So... we were stopping at ammo store every week. Hubby went in recently, while I sat in the car. He came out with a big grin on his face. Scored a box for his gun, AND a box for mine. He said they just got a shipment in. They were allowing a single box of any caliber per customer. So... I went in to buy a box for myself. Marched up to the counter, told the guy what I wanted, and he states. "We don't have any. You can check back next week." I held my ground, told him, "A guy in the parking lot JUST BOUGHT A BOX OF THE SAME THING. HE TOLD ME THAT YOU HAD A NEW SHIPMENT IN." Salesman, bumbles around a bit, looks at the shelf, and repeats, we don't have any. Then he asks 2 other employees. Do we have any _____. They both shrug their shoulders. So, I said, "THE GUY IN THE PARKING LOT SAID IT HADN'T BEEN UNLOADED YET, SO THE SALESMAN WENT OUT BACK AND PULLED IT OFF THE PALLET FOR HIM." Salesman continues to give dumb looks. And, I just stood there, and stared him down. Finally, he reaches back on the shelf, pulls a box off and slings it on the counter. "I'm not supposed to sell this, but I guess I can let you have it." Revenge is sweet. I paid for it with cash. Had an elastic band around my cash, and when I pulled out a $20, it ripped in half!!! So he had to tape it back together!!! Now, I have to wonder if my shabby treatment was a gender thing?????
People these days 🙄

Latest posts