Hypermiling...anyone else do this?

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
:lol: I've been know to schedule doctor's appointments to fit in my usual shopping circuit. I do make the garbage dump part after I see the Doc though. If he knew, I'm sure he'd appreciate it.

homestead jenna

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I do draft trucks when I'm on the highway - but I do like to have my winders open mostly.

One thing I did when my children were small (not so needed now)...I worked for the school system and had the summers off. We tended to do the cheap and free stuff around the area. They also had friends around. Well, I found myself driving them someplace EVERY day...so we instituted "No Car Days"- on Monday's...we were not using the car those days even if something really cool came up...and that then was my day to catch up around the house and things. Friends could come over or whathaveyou - but OUR car didn't leave its park on Mondays.

VT-Chicklit

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I diddn't know that the way I have been driving for years had a name. By watching how I accellerate and brake, my Hyundae Elantra gets anywhere from 39 - 41 MPG. The cars rating from the dealer was 31 MPG and DH (when I let him drive it) gets 30 - 32 MPG.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
VT-Chicklit said:
I diddn't know that the way I have been driving for years had a name. By watching how I accellerate and brake, my Hyundae Elantra gets anywhere from 39 - 41 MPG. The cars rating from the dealer was 31 MPG and DH (when I let him drive it) gets 30 - 32 MPG.
I didn't know, either, VT! That's why I posted this, because I have been doing this for some time and then find out that there are others and it actually has a name! :lol:

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
I usually just drive OVER the hypermiler's with my V-8 extended cab, 8ft bed, 3/4 ton 4x4.
It just makes a little "thump" as I go over....:lol::lol::lol:

homestead jenna

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
SKR8PN said:
I usually just drive OVER the hypermiler's with my V-8 extended cab, 8ft bed, 3/4 ton 4x4.
:yuckyuck

Serves the little boogers right for laughing at you as they PASS the gas station you're pumping at....

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
:yuckyuck Jenna! Priceless! :gig

I've heard the "F" in F150, F250, etc. stands for how many times you say the "F"-word as you are pumping gas into the guzzler! :lol:

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
ROTFL I'm cracking up! Ya'll are so funny!

We watch how we accelerate and brake, always have (don't they teach this in drivers ed? :rolleyes: ) I also let my car slow down and coast to a stop when I can (i.e. coming to a stop sign, when I see the light ahead has turned red). Sometimes, in allowing my car to slow to a stop to red lights, the light turns green before I get there, so I never have to stop at all. Ticks off everyone BEHIND me off, but hey, now they just crept a long instead of sitting still at a light and yelling, "turn green already!" (never understood the hurry to barrel up and stop!)

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I had a Jimmy...then some moron smashed in to it. My replacement car is a 97 golf. I felt like I got a raise!!!!
:p

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
homestead jenna said:
SKR8PN said:
:yuckyuck

Serves the little boogers right for laughing at you as they PASS the gas station you're pumping at....
10,000 comedians out of work, and your trying to be funny! LOL LOL!
Seriously...this truck really doesn't do bad on mileage, considering it is about as aerodynamic as a brick! I have gotten as high as 19 on the highway in the summer,but it drops down to 14-15 in the winter. I like to get into a WARM truck so it does idle a bit once in awhile.
We won't talk about the mileage it gets when I pull my 28ft enclosed trailer with the race car in it.:lol::lol: