I Am A Seed Hoarder

GypsyG

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I did something I didn't intend to do... I just spent $145 ordering from Stark Bros. :th
We need to officially start a Plant/Seed Hoarders Anonymous and have regular meetings.:\

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have a room that I keep my seed stash in. I keep the door closed. But the door keeps springing open, and the seeds leak out. I'll not throw out an old packet of seeds. Mercy, that's like committing murder. Those seeds might not be viable, and I'll never know if I don't plant them. But... what if I threw those seeds away, and they actually still possessed the potential to germinate? Oh the horror! Every time I pour a packet of seeds into my palm, I am totally awestruck at the power in those tiny little orbs. My palm can hold enough lettuce seed to grow salad to feed every person living in my county! Every seed a miracle.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
The seeds in the stash don't count if you have a place to grow them.

Kind of like counting chickens: Many folks don't count the roos b/c they don't lay eggs. They don't count the chicks b/c they may grow up to be roos. They don't count the pullets until they start to lay. They don't count the broody hens, b/c they are totally not productive. When asked how many chickens they have, they pause for a bit. Then, inevitably, they roll their eyes up, then start counting fingers (or tuck their hands behind their back) and say: "Oh, about a dozen."

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have a room that I keep my seed stash in. I keep the door closed. But the door keeps springing open, and the seeds leak out. I'll not throw out an old packet of seeds. Mercy, that's like committing murder. Those seeds might not be viable, and I'll never know if I don't plant them. But... what if I threw those seeds away, and they actually still possessed the potential to germinate? Oh the horror! Every time I pour a packet of seeds into my palm, I am totally awestruck at the power in those tiny little orbs. My palm can hold enough lettuce seed to grow salad to feed every person living in my county! Every seed a miracle.

You think like me. It amazes me a tiny seed can grow into a huge plant. And what is even more amazing to me is; scientists have tried to replicate seeds in order to make (man made) seeds but none sprout. I guess there's one thing they can't figure out... The "Breath of life".

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I could go on for hours and hours, and write page after page regarding the totally awesome details and intricacies of our world. The more I study, the more awe struck I become.