I Am A Seed Hoarder

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I haven't even looked at seed catalogs yet but I have very few seeds so I'll be ordering lots!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I need to make an order. If I do, will my hands stop trembling and will this facial tic go away?

"NEED" is relative...not medicinal!!! :) Your plastic cards are probably shuttering right now :lol: But hey....

1. Free shipping
2. Buy before all sold
3. Something new is nice
4. You can report good/bad to us
5. You can grow to try new recipes
6. It's a different color
7. Reported healthy
8. Grows in sandy soil
9. Animals can always eat it
10. Rare seeds help maintain history
11. Your neighbor isn't growing it
12. If I find I already have it, save for 2020
13. I say GO FOR IT :clap

Personally, I'd like some yellow & purple cauliflower seed.:idunno It's purdy! :cool:

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Go on. Too much of a good thing is awesome and you can't have too many seeds ;) (Or chickens, or goats, or compost, or money :p)

GypsyG

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I walked past the seed rack at the feed store this morning and only bought one pack! Pineapple sage just sounded too lovely to pass up... But I only bought one pack! This is progress!

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I walked past the seed rack at the feed store this morning and only bought one pack! Pineapple sage just sounded too lovely to pass up... But I only bought one pack! This is progress!

Let me know how you make out with that Pineapple sage. I have a pathetic looking specimen in my kitchen window (east facing). It's barely clinging to live, but I've been able to get a cutting to take root. (not yet potted) From my attempts, I think it does not like to have the soil get too dry. It smells absolutely divine, and would be worth growing simply for the fragrance.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's worth a try! Have you checked out the Southern Exposure seed catalog yet?
Totally. Love that place. I emailed them about Texas Gourdseed corn and they replied that they will have limited amounts available online after the first of the year. Checking every day!! Also going to order purple sweet potato slips from them. Plan on making wire circles, filling with leaves and manure for planting them in to keep the durn gophers out!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That is not progress......;)