I can answer your baking questions! Let share fun recipes!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Okay, Did you use the spoon and level method with the dry ingredients? That is important. I can link an article to what it is if you don't know, that i what I am here for! 😊
Nope. I was being lazy. I have a scale for weighing flour... didnt use it.

But you are right about flour. I added more flour to the rest and they didnt spread. Thank you!

MistyWeeg13

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Nope. I was being lazy. I have a scale for weighing flour... didnt use it.

But you are right about flour. I added more flour to the rest and they didnt spread. Thank you!
Ya, that is the issue. If you don't have enough flour, the cookies spread. Glad we solved that problem!

MistyWeeg13

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
I have a fantastic sugar free recipe! It is only bananas, peanut butter, and oats. It is sweet from the bananas, and you can add any add ins you want, for additional sweetness! Tell me if you try it! https://runningonrealfood.com/flourless-peanut-butter-banana-oatmeal-cookies/
Bananas and most non-berry fruits and oats are not diabetic friendly. One banana and one cup of Oatmeal each contain many carbs (~27). Just saying from years of experience.

I do appreciate your enthusiasm. The recipe link states 18g of carbs per cookie. That is not good for people trying to reduce carbs to manage diabetes without meds and insulin.

Something like this is a better option. My 2 cents, your mileage my vary.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@FarmerJamie is spot on! He's a low-carb guru!

A lot of folks think it's just sugar that's not allowed for diabetics, but unfortunately that's not so. Wheat flour is a biggie and fruit is full of fructose which is a form of sugar.

But, with a little ingenuity a diabetic can feed their sweet tooth with recipes like FJ posted.
Tonight for a sweet treat we're having:

I've already got 'em in the fridge cooling. Only problem I see is that they are waaaaay itty bitty, lol. I'll probably double the recipe next time. Oh - and heavy cream for whipped cream is practically carb free. I even have a substitute for whipped cream if you're out. You can add some splenda (or sugar free sweetener of your choice) to sour cream and it's a pretty cool substitute for whipped cream. The tart/sweet combo is really great with cheese cake!