1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Official SS Poll: What do you do to eliminate bills / cut down expenses?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. WW2 Rationing Recipes - Canadian and British - Featured Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. SS Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!

Dismiss Notice

I love my dump

Discussion in 'Trash To Treasure - Joys Of Recycling' started by Lazy Gardener, Jan 27, 2019.

1. May 7, 2019
    Lazy Gardener

Lazy Gardener Super Self-Sufficient

Happens all the time. Folks get all excited about gardening. Enamored with the idea of being able to pick fresh veggies right in their own back yards. Then, they get a reality dose: soil prep, weed control, insect damage, weather doesn't cooperate. "What? You mean I have to actually roll up my sleeves and tend my garden???"

Kind of like all the exercise equipment that makes it's way to Craig's List or the road side every spring. "What? You mean that exercise bike or tread mill won't make me skinny? You mean that I actually have to get on the thing and expend some muscle energy... on a regular basis... to look like the model on the box it came in?????"

Just for the record: I hate exercise in any way, shape, or manner unless there is a physical reward to be reaped in the process. I think my broadfork is THE BEST total body work out system I've ever encountered.

2. Jul 9, 2019
    Lazy Gardener

Lazy Gardener Super Self-Sufficient

Yesterday, I brought home 3 books to read, and a big score: 2 chicken waterers. Both in excellent shape. One was a 2 G plastic bell, and the other was a 1 G plastic chick waterer. They will both be bleached, and be stored for next time I raise chicks.

The wood chip piles are being replenished, and the compost pile has hardly been touched. Need to get a closer look at the spent stable litter pile. Loading the truck with chips, compost and litter is a wonderful exercise work out for a cool evening.

Hinotori and sumi like this.