I NEED A BUYER!!!!!!!!!!

mrbstephens

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I should mention, I asked the seller about any restrictions as far as farm animals........no peacocks and no more than 100 ducks. I think that's pretty good! :D

mrbstephens

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Today we're having our buried oil tank checked for leaks :fl and the small spot of black mold removed from the attic.

Yesterday I found out that my attorney has already drawn up and sent the contract for the sale of my house to the buyer's attorney who has received it. :fl
On the 3 acre parcel.......the seller's attorney is working on drawing up that contract and has contacted my attorney, but left her a message saying there was something unusual. We don't know what that could be. My attorney thinks it's because it's a subdivision and has requested a copy of the survey. Hopefully that's all it is! :fl

I met with a salesman from a modular builder yesterday. I'm a little annoyed with that meeting, because the salesman was very vague about pricing. She claims I can do it within my budget, but was very nonspecific.

A friend of mine's husband is a contractor and will meet with us on Monday. He deals with modulars, and timber framed houses. I'm feeling good about meeting with him. The seller of the property happens to also be a builder and will be our neighbor. He's currently building two neighboring houses that belong to his two cousins and will also build his own house. We'll ask him for a quote as well.

There's sooooo much work involved and it's playing with my emotions, but I'm finding that every night since we made the deal on the property I'm having good dreams about it and wake up smiling. :)

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
There's sooooo much work involved and it's playing with my emotions, but I'm finding that every night since we made the deal on the property I'm having good dreams about it and wake up smiling.
:thumbsup
:hugs

mrbstephens

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
The buyer of my house is pulling out!!!!!!!!!!! :barnie :he :rant :hit
The oil tank was tested for leaks and passed.
The mold guy came and inspected the mold spot which is right over the AC unit and said it's probably just condensation from the unit. He didn't think it was a big deal, but wanted to have the air tested for "micro-spores." The test would be sent to a lab, the mold would be cleaned up and then inspected again. He said it could cost up to $2,500!
So, the buyer, who apparently has a daughter who is so allergic to mold had to spend some time in a bubble as a child, has decided to pull out of the deal. She said even if it was cleaned up and the mold guys say there's no more mold she feels she can't trust them and that there may be mold hiding in the walls. She's a nut job! Because of her pulling out, I may not be able to move ahead on the purchase of this land. I'm so upset! :hit

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
How frustrating that must be. So sorry. Just when you thouth things were moving along.
Maybe its just a sign that the time is not now.

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
You have to have a lawyer to sell a home? Not in CA. That must cost some money, for sure. We also pay 6% commission to the realtor, but nowadays you can negotiate a 5%. Course, 5% of 500K - 1million is still alot of money!

mrbstephens

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My broker isn't giving up on the buyer yet. She's trying to reason with her about the mold.
My mom is GREAT! She's says if I can't sell my house in time that she'll purchase the land and sign the deed over to me when my house does sell. I just love her! :love