I NEED A BUYER!!!!!!!!!!

newmochick

Power Conserver
Reaction score
The three most stressfuls events in one's life is: death in the family, divorce and selling house (not in any particular order). Do what you can and remember if is was meant to happen it will. As far as cleaning the house - you can slide for a whole year because you already have put in your allotment for the year especially having small children.

mrbstephens

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
newmochick said:
The three most stressfuls events in one's life is: death in the family, divorce and selling house (not in any particular order). Do what you can and remember if is was meant to happen it will. As far as cleaning the house - you can slide for a whole year because you already have put in your allotment for the year especially having small children.
Yeah, definitely looking forward to being a big messy slob when this is all over!

mrbstephens

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
I hear ya on keeping a constantly clean house!

The first house I sold:

After a grueling open house Sunday (TX heat in mid August with two hairy hot St. Bernards to try to entertain for 3-4 hours away from home, you get the picture...) I came home and let my hair down, so to speak. Popped some (stinky) fish sticks in the oven, put on my jammies and kicked back with a beer. Low and behold someone knocks on my door. I open up to a family who knew they missed the open house but still wanted to see the house. Sure thing!! I gave them the full tour w/o my useless realtor around...(boy she was pisse* at me and even tried to make me feel stupid later for letting in strangers. :rolleyes: ) Two weeks later they (the strangers) bought the place.
:gig That's AWESOME! Did you still have to pay the broker's commission?

rty007

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
she probably didn't have to pay the brokers commission and that's why the Realtor was yelling at her "FOR LETTING IN STRANGERS!!!" but if she came with customers... "Oh c'mon I met them 5 minutes ago AND they signed the deal with the devil.. ooops I mean the agrement, that if they were to buy that house, I get 10%.... were basically family by now ;)"

In Poland most of the Realtors don't know jack about agricultural land.

mrbstephens

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
So, showed my house to a very nice woman and her son today. I think they really like it! :fl

Also met with a contractor who is the DH of an acquaintance of mine. He gave us a fantastic price on a 4 bedroom/2 bath house!

I just hope the woman I showed the house to today calls me again! :fl :fl :fl

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
She still got her money....darn contracts. Funny thing is I found our next house-to-be all by myself too, by driving up and down the streets of the 'hood that I wanted to live. She got money on both the sale and the new purchase. :rolleyes: She was the worst realtor I've ever had to deal with.

mrbstephens, I hope they call too. :)

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
Yep, you have to watch what you're signing and without a doubt will pay the Realtor fees regardless who made the deal, about 6% me thinks if you signed with them.

On the house I bought before this one I had signed up for new listings at a few realtor's websites, basically they just emailed me current listings in my price range but the dirty thieves always ignored my maximum price of $100,000 and constantly sent me the ones in the $150k+ range.

Though I never met with them in person they wanted me to sign an exclusivity form, had I done that I would of had to pay them fees for the house I found on my own and sold by owner. There were plenty of houses in the area under $100k and they would of got the sale from me if it wasn't for greed - they lost $5000 because of that.

mrbstephens

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I showed the house AGAIN today! Someone passing by my house and saw the For Sale by Owner sign and called me up. She came by 1 hour later with her mother. Probably a first time home buyer. I could see that look in her eye. She definitely like it! So, as my mother the real estate agent said, "I have two fish in the frying pan!" Just hope one of those fish calls again with an offer! :fl :fl :fl

mrbstephens

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I just got a call from the seller's broker about the property we want to buy. The seller is willing to give us the 120 to close from the signing of the contract if we give him a nonrefundable deposit of $10,000. So, if the 120 is up and I still don't have a buyer for my current house then we'd lose that $10,000. :(
I NEED A BUYER!!!! :barnie
Still haven't heard back from the people I showed the house to last week. :he Should I call them or is that the wrong approach? :th