Idiocracy in Nashville

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I say this with a smile, many people believe Sherman was a criminal. LOL We could argue right/wrong all day, I would rather let the past be past and look to the future. We should preserve our history, not to live in the past, but to learn from it and hopefully, not to repeat it. I can certainly understand not wanting a person's nose rubbed in the past when people were treated worst than animals.

We took our oldest grand daughter to see the movie Hidden Figures. It was a VERY good movie about the black women who worked at NASA, on the first walk on the moon. There were black/white water fountains and bathrooms. It was very well presented and historically correct, showing the hurt such racism caused. Our grand daughter asked why was there separate bathrooms, she was oblivious to racism and thought it horrible. We had to explain it to her because she didn't understand. If we all could be so innocent.......

That is what I said also. We should not destroy what we cannot change in the past BECAUSE IT IS PAST.... we need to go forward and having learned from it, make the future better. I can't go back and change what the whites did to my Native American ancestors, and I don't hate the descendants of the "Redcoats" that fought against my English ancestors that came here for reasons of religious freedom..... and I don't hold it against those that did what they felt was right in their own minds during the Civil War..... IT IS PAST . MAKE THE FUTURE BETTER.
CHANGE the future and learn from the past. Don't tear everything down, don't destroy history but make a better history.

If I had been there, where that man was held down, they would have arrested me as I would have been there trying to pull that A..HOLE cop off him once he was cuffed and subdued. THAT WAS ABHORRENT. He should have been stopped by the other cops.
That does not give anyone a right to tear down and destroy neighborhoods that the everyday people have to live and work in. And the groups claiming some of the responsibilities, like this ANTIFA, should be dealt with as they are doing nothing but inciting more unrest and destruction. And solving nothing.

Thank you @baymule

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Besides people destroying property, and stealing because they don't like it or because they want it is a criminal act. This applies to the statue of Robert e Lee. There's lots of things I don't like in this world, but it does give me the right to destroy them and I can't stand a thief.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I think the part that is not being noticed is that I'm saying the same thing as several others. Destruction of property is not ok. Slavery was not ok. The corralling of Native Americans is not ok. Our past is our past - but it is what has shaped our present so to ignore it doesn't make sense. We need to understand it - not sweep it under the rug. Wouldn't it be a nice fairy tale if we could make the past all rainbows and unicorns - but it isn't. And our present will shape our future. But, glorifying the symbols of oppression is a slap in the face to those that were oppressed.

Ever heard the saying that "$hit rolls downhill?" That's what's happening in this country right now.

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
there's been alot of wrong done in the past and present by alot of folks on both sides of every arguement. people get worked up and dont think about the consequences.

fact of the current matter is an innocent man was murdered. his daughter will grow up without a father. I honestly don't think it's a trace issue. I think that pos cop would have done it to anyone. he needs to be punished accordingly and so do his coworkers.

now the sh1t has hit the fan. we need to come together now more than ever

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I believe we are all on the same page here. WOW! We are in agreement! LOL LOL I love all of y’all. Thank you all for being my friends.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My ancestors were plantation slave owners. White aristocracy if there ever was. The old plantation home still stands, built in 1810. The bricks were made from clay on the property by slaves. The wood came from trees on the property, cut and milled by slaves. And yes, the Massa dawdled in the slave quarters and had children. He provided for both of them in his will, giving them freedom and apprenticeship to learn trades to support themselves. He did not free their mother. Lousy ba$tard.

You can look up the home, Hickory Hill in Franklin, Louisiana. It is no longer in the family, it belongs to some people who were going to restore it for a bed and breakfast. There was a celebration in the town and the new owners opened the home to visitors. Family descendants got to go in 2 hours before the general public. We took my Mom for her birthday present and she presented the owner with a family history book that she spent 20 years compiling and writing. Mom was able to dredge up childhood memories of visiting her aunts and tell the new owners about the house and grounds.

All that said, my family owned slaves. They fought for slavery in the Civil War. Some of them died. Some returned to a very different world after the war. At least some of them were KKK. That is a bit of my personal history. Does that make me the same? No. Does it make me a bad person? No, only if I lived in the past and let hatred consume my soul.

The sins of my ancestors are not my sins. I am not proud nor ashamed, I had nothing to do with their actions. I am me, I am responsible for my own actions, my sins will not be visited upon my descendants.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Very well written, eloquently stated, Bay. I think if every single one of us looked into our past we would find: murderers, prostitutes, thieves, child molesters, rapists, alcoholics, drug abusers, and all sorts of other relatives who committed atrocities against their fellow man. Does that make us, the current generation, evil people? Each individual is responsible for his/her own choices and actions in life. It is appointed unto man once to die, and then... the judgement.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The people in the past acted according to what the norms and mores were of their time. Many of those slave owners considered themselves very good and moral people, and they were ACCORDING TO THE MORALS OF THEIR SOCIETY. We have no idea what our descendants will think of our actions and morals today. Maybe they will be horrified by what people do today such as having sex without marriage? Or divorce at the drop of a hat?

Last edited:

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Last night, a busload of outside agitators apparently descended on Klamath Falls. DH was listening on the tactical stations via his HAM to try to get a sense of what was happening. We could hear some shouting in the background, and once I heard a LEO say something about hearing a single gun shot.

This morning, we found out more. Apparently the word got out very quickly, and about 3000 Klamath residents showed up downtown, armed to the teeth, to protect our business district. The attempted riot ended in a whimper.

We don't know yet if they have left town, so I think that people will continue to monitor the situation. I just hope they won't send more next time.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Last night, a busload of outside agitators apparently descended on Klamath Falls. DH was listening on the tactical stations via his HAM to try to get a sense of what was happening. We could hear some shouting in the background, and once I heard a LEO say something about hearing a single gun shot.

This morning, we found out more. Apparently the word got out very quickly, and about 3000 Klamath residents showed up downtown, armed to the teeth, to protect our business district. The attempted riot ended in a whimper.

We don't know yet if they have left town, so I think that people will continue to monitor the situation. I just hope they won't send more next time.

A busload of outside terrorists

Latest posts