IDLE CHIT CHAT

the simple life

Yard Farmer
Reaction score

This thread is just to say hello to people, you can check in and chat about anything. There is no specific topic.
How your day is going, a movie you might have seen etc.

inchworm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hey there,

I've been home with a flu-like thing for about 5 days now. I'm getting bored, but not energetic enough to do anything.

Inchy

the simple life

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Hey great to have you back, did you ever sell those ducks?
I see you are thinking of getting turkeys too.
I had a lady offer to give me some bronze eggs, I am going to go for it and hope they hatch.
I have to research the differences with hatching turkey eggs compared to chicken eggs now.
What are you raising now? Still doing the pheasants and some ducks?

Oh, almost forgot to tell my news, I got my first egg today.
One of my hens finally decided to throw me an egg. I have been threatening and pleading with these girls, well mostly threatening, to give me some eggs and today was finally the day.

Inchworm, so sorry to hear you are sick. The flu stinks, it really wipes you out for days. Glad you can at least aleve a little of the boredom with these forums, I hope you feel better soon.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Nice opportunity to chat :)

My DD was making up a Christmas list for the family. She asked what I wanted and I said a solar oven...on the list it went :)

What would you like to receive for Christmas?

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
My family....just that. Maybe enough money to decorate and bring that cozy, good-smelling Christmas feel to the house. :)

the simple life

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
I would love to get my garden shed, I have a nice potting bench and other things to go in it. I realize the weather won't be cooperative for a while after christmas, but I wouldn't mind waiting, I don't need it until spring.
Anything else would be beekeeping equipment.

the simple life

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Beekissed, the best things to decorate with are free.
I go out and cut branches off of the boxwood and holly bushes, sometimes I can get those big cedar branches and I put those all around the house with cinnamon sticks and various fruit.
I dry orange slices and string them with cinnamon sticks and hang those around the house.

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
First egg today? That's cause for a celebration! How old was the hen? We were supposed to get the nest boxes in place today, but instead Greg concentrated on putting the roof on the run. But I do see an end to the coop, finally! I've got it all painted, there's a few pieces of trim left to put on it, but it's getting there...

ticks

Hunting Crazy
Reaction score
the simple life said:
Hey great to have you back, did you ever sell those ducks?
I see you are thinking of getting turkeys too.
I had a lady offer to give me some bronze eggs, I am going to go for it and hope they hatch.
I have to research the differences with hatching turkey eggs compared to chicken eggs now.
What are you raising now? Still doing the pheasants and some ducks?
I haven't sold the ducks yet :/
Yes, I am still doing pheasant which I have realized has now become a major hobby of mine. Here are pics of my top dog.
014-4.jpg

015-2.jpg

016-2.jpg

012-9.jpg

011-11.jpg