IDLE CHIT CHAT

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Well, for one thing I finally stopped by and joined this forum! I planted some daffodil bulbs in the side yard. Spent time with my chickens. I'm getting 5-6 eggs per day. My 6 yo sold two dozen after church yesterday! Made a trip to TSC today and got a new pair of boots to wear in the coop and backyard. My garden clogs aren't so great when it gets cold! My old boots were cheap ones and the soles cracked last winter. Help my DH choose which trees to thin out in the backyard. We're trying to let more sun in. The garden was awful this year. I'll be planting two dwarf apple trees soon and they will need light. We're getting ready for winter, doing a major fall cleaning both inside and out.
I am getting rid of some cheap dishes I got last year because they are chipping badly and I'm worried that about the glazes and colors on them because they were made in China. May contain lead? I don't know. Better safe than sorry. I've got some made in USA Fiestaware that we'll be using. It's enough for the three of us and we rarely entertain.
My computer break is over, I'm back to work!

the simple life

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Wow, I am so not looking forward to snow. I love the fall and it goes by way too fast.

I just remembered to plant some garlic that I had today. I had planted some a couple of weeks ago , and the chickens dug it up. I found them all around the garden area.
So I had more that needed to be planted but kept forgetting, so that is done.

I had a little chick hatch today and I have one more pipping. There are 10 in there so I hope I get more to hatch.
They are blue black and splash orpingtons.
The one that hatched is a blue. Here's hoping its a girl. I can't keep too many roosters here. Not really suppose to have any but as long as my neighbors don't complain I am good.
My son is sick so we are laying low this weekend, but it gave us a chance to do alot of work around here.
Battening down the hatches for winter so to speak.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I'll warn you all now this is a VENT!!!:thun

:heI fought with my DD all day today. :smack She is 18...She went to another province in June and got herself pregnant, and lost her job that she had only been working at for a month. So my husband and I decided she was better off closer to home so we could help her if the need arose. We started building her a guesthouse on our property for her and the coming baby because she is impossible to live under the same roof with.
She has been back for three weeks. Sleeping until noon, no responsibility...only does things around here if asked, and IF she is in the mood:idunno I have to fight with her to get things done. The other day while I moved a truckload of gravel with a wheelbarrle all day I asked her if she would sweep and mop the kitchen...she had the NERVE to say "I don't wash floors..." You know what the gravel was for??? To level the ground for her little house we are building. A one tonne truckload of it! And she didn't move any of it. She hasn't done a thing to help with the guest house...she figures she will just move in when it is done:idunno
On Monday i forced her to go put resumes in for a job...she has no interest in working either....there are jobs EVERYWHERE here right now. So I dunno what she did with the resumes but she didn't get a single phonecall...
So last night we are all on our way to bed...it was 11pm...and she gets company...no no no no no!!!! People don't just drop in for casual visits at almost midnight! So I tell her that this guy is NOT coming in, she can go OUT! Her temper flares as usual...
This morning I asked her who left the peanut butter jam brown sugar and milk on the counter...and the dirty pot on the stove...and other misc stuff out. She says "I'll clean it up later..."
I DON"T THINK SO!!! I told her she was cleaning it NOW!
Anyway now she is telling us she is moving out :clap :clap :clap BUT that we will never see our grandchild because we are terrible parents! And she should have never trusted us enough to come home....
WOW! who broke the trust barrier here...we have been working for a month to build her a HOUSE...and she simply wants a free ride and to have men over here all hours of the night.
Who would have known grandchildren could be so much fun....and this one hasn't even arrived!:th

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
MC...here a big ol' hug for you (((((((((((HUG)))))))))))
Kids can be such a pain, I am sorry you are going thru a rough spot with yours. Don't fret, she will grow out of it...in her own time.
At some point she will look back and realize how unappreciative she is being!

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
UGHH! And now I just saw that she wrote on face book..."Kat is moving out of the house again...I should have known it wouldn't work out...F#*^ You Mom..."

How respectful...for all our family and friends to see:>)

Thanks for the hug Dace:>) I am so dissappointed in her right now

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
MC, she's a child having a child, she's going to be woken up with the cold hard slap of reality really soon. It's so hard to watch! I feel for you. Vent all you want, as I've said before about raising teens, tie a knot at the end of your rope and hang on, that's all you can do. :bouquet

Woodland Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
MorelCabin- I'm sorry you are going through all that. Kids can be so unappreciative. Sometimes you just have to let them go so you don't have all the stress. Your daughter may not be feeling well. It can be hard being pregnant. Her hormones are probably affecting her too. She will get a big wake up call when the baby is born. When my oldest was out of the house for a while and then came back home we made up a contract for her to sign.
It included: Paying some rent
Chores and responsibilities expected
What time she had to be home at night

I hope your daughter realizes she made a mistake and the 2 of you can have a good relationship in the long run.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Thanks for all the support:hugs

The problem with her is that she has always been exactly this way...I thought the pregnancy would shake her up a bit and change her. It didn't...she is still her same old self and I can't help her anymore.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Nothing so quick to bring home reality to a young mother than realizing that raising a kid is hard and that her parents weren't so bad after all! When she gets a taste of all the decisions one has to make to shape a kid, she just might gain some insight, who knows? :/ Let's see who wins the Parent of the Year award then, huh? :p

Will you build ME a guest house? :D I've seen where you live and its beautiful!!!!! I'll even mop floors..... :cool: