If the SHTF today......

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
we would probably be okay for several months but we would need more toilet paper....
Can you ever have too much of that???

I was just curiouse since my mom has always had the "head for the hills and revert about 100 years. The women do the cooking and cleaning and tending to the younin's and the men supply the food and the protection"
My husband is pretty useless for killing animals. Found that out when I suggested we butcher an obnoxious drake. I would have to be the one out in the woods killing critters :p Besides, the first guy who tries to get me to watch his brats because I am a woman and he wants to go off in the woods to hunt gets punched in the face! :gig

So while turning back the clock in some ways would be necessary, in other ways, it aint gonna happen.

As for going back 100 years, that is another reason to go get Abi. She is in the SCA. She spends several weeks a year living several THOUSANDS of years in the past :D

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
miss_thenorth said:
That's one thing I seriously do not worry about. Seriously. In fact, I don't worry about much if anything. IMO, it's all in God's hands, end times are near, ain't nothing we can do about it other than make sure we are right with God.
So, I guess, that is what I would do--make sure I am good with God.
Amen, sister! As a nurse, I guess I would be out there as much as possible, helping others. Since I'm already good with God, I don't have to worry about all the other things.....God provides: Consider the lilies of the field!

There is a verse for God's people about the end of it all....one of many. It basically says work with your hands and wait upon the Lord. This is what I have been doing all along, so nothing much changes for me and my family. We would huddle down, serve others, help others, and let God do all the hard thinkin'! ;)

Actually....with all my prior experience in living where the world ends and quiet begins, the stopping of all public utilities, money exchange, and loss of fuel/transportation modes....well, heck, that's like going home! :D

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
farmerlor said:
Again, depending on what the "S" was we would probably be okay for several months but we would need more toilet paper....
One thing I realized during this move, is that I have ALOT of toilet paper! My new neighbors bettrer all be working the day I move in cause once they see how much TP I have they are really going to wonder about what kind of sh*t goes on at our house :lol: :lol: :gig

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
miss_thenorth said:
That's one thing I seriously do not worry about. Seriously. In fact, I don't worry about much if anything. IMO, it's all in God's hands, end times are near, ain't nothing we can do about it other than make sure we are right with God.
So, I guess, that is what I would do--make sure I am good with God.
Amen, sister! As a nurse, I guess I would be out there as much as possible, helping others. Since I'm already good with God, I don't have to worry about all the other things.....God provides: Consider the lilies of the field!

There is a verse for God's people about the end of it all....one of many. It basically says work with your hands and wait upon the Lord. This is what I have been doing all along, so nothing much changes for me and my family. We would huddle down, serve others, help others, and let God do all the hard thinkin'! ;)

Actually....with all my prior experience in living where the world ends and quiet begins, the stopping of all public utilities, money exchange, and loss of fuel/transportation modes....well, heck, that's like going home! :D
:thumbsup

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
MorelCabin said:
One thing I realized during this move, is that I have ALOT of toilet paper! My new neighbors bettrer all be working the day I move in cause once they see how much TP I have they are really going to wonder about what kind of sh*t goes on at our house :lol: :lol: :gig
If your neighbors are watching on moving day . . . bring the oscillating fan in first . . . then bring in all the tp. ;) :lol: That way, if you have a nosey neighbor . . . you'll know it's the one standing in the window with their jaw dropped. :p

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
Considering the kind of sh*t that people are envisioning hitting the fan, it would take an AWFUL lot of toilet paper...

LOL at image,

Pat

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
okiegirl1 said:
what's the first thing you'd do?

Like if we got bombed, economy collapse, something big.

I'd proably realize just how ill-prepared I really am.
Maybe head to the grocery store. I dunno.

call my mommy.:hu
My thoughts are that all of the little SS things that you do on a regular basis, helps you prepare for such a thing happening, even if that isn't your reason for doing them.

We don't worry so much about "the big one", so much as we just try to make our lives simpler and more fulfilling. Should such a scenario play out, we are just that much closer to getting through it.

I have family that would not have a clue, if the grocery store didn't open tomorrow morning. They, and many others, have no idea just how fragile our society is. Actually, more than that, they don't want to know. The old, "I reject your reality and substitute my own" way of thinking. I wish them well, if we ever do have a major upheaval, but they are too far away for me to be of any help.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
I would hunker down with the family....would def run out of TP and many other things in short order. Could go for quite a while on rice, eggs and bread....assuming we have power.

Franky we would be up *S* creek without a paddle if and when the *S* hits.
Sad thing is I think it is a when not an if.

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
A long time friend of mine and I have a plan formulated should "S" hit the fan, and for some reason all humans (however many were left) were left to their own devises. If power went out, 2/3 of the population was wiped out, etc.

I would check on my son...since he lives with his dad, my priority would be to find out how he is, then go from there. This friend and I have a designated meeting spot, and a full plan for before and after the meeting.

And really, thats all I can say, lol. I know I'd survive.