IF we get a stimulus check?

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
IF we get a stimulus check like I keep hearing on Fox News....since I have Directv back on I get to watch it......what are/would you do with the $$?? From what I am understanding it 'could be' $500 per person or $1000 per family sent out around mid-February.

DH and I just discussed it yesterday and have agreed that we will put it on our HELOC to help pay it down. So, we will not be buying any large ticket items to help stimulate the economy. We are using it to get some of our debt taken care.

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
IF it happens, PP, I think most people will be doing the same as you - trying to pay down debt OR they will sock it away (IRA, annuity, under their mattress).

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I even think I will recycle it into TP, I'm so loaded! :lol:

ETA: On a serious note, I will be putting any extra money this year into resolving my outstanding debts~student loans, etc~ and into savings for emergencies...the old jalopy is getting older each day, so car repairs are in my future! :) Also need a fridge and a tiller real bad!

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Like Bee - buried in the back yard. But with a twist. My money is buried in the back yard in mayonaise jars with plastic lids. That way you can't find it with a metal detector. So if anyone wants it after I am dead and gone they can just dig up the whole 3 acres.
I figure if I had to work for it they should have to work for it too. LOL

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
:yuckyuck

I'd bury mine, but I would forget right away where I put it and would be some little old lady muttering to myself and frantically digging holes in my yard one day.....like ......probably next week! :p

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
:yuckyuck

I'd bury mine, but I would forget right away where I put it and would be some little old lady muttering to myself and frantically digging holes in my yard one day.....like ......probably next week! :p
Bee - I figure if I can't find it I can't spend it. Its a great savings plan with just a minor little draw back. :lol:

I figure I will need something to do in my old age. The neighbors already think I am crazy. I will just prove it to them.

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Aww come now...you all havent figured out the whole " I burried it where?" My grandpa seriously used to bury mason jars with money...then, he would plant Paper whites over them. Only problem with that is...you can only find it in the spring! LOL