IF we get a stimulus check?

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Stimulus of $1,000 - wow, that's so non-stimulating. We won't be buying anything with it, that's for sure. Stash it away or put it towards the credit cards that were used a bit too much for Christmas (between my business being cut by the economy and hubby being out of work for longer than usual things are very tight around here).

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
Not spending much :rolleyes: Don't know what to think about an economy in which spending lots of money is the way to help it out! I'd love to see this money go for sustainable things that create jobs and help in other areas--how about lots of "green" building, rebuilding and development? Actually, that just gave me an idea! I would put my money towards solar panels, especially if there were gov't rebates.

Hmmm.... maybe get set up with bees?

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Getting bees sounds like a great idea!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Ok well to be honest, if we got the stimulus we would probably do as much of the following as we could:

Pay property taxes for the year
buy 4-5 pairs of jeans for my DD
roll of woven wire for pasture
2 head of beef, if there's enough after the other stuff....

Now this list is assuming we got the $1000 stimulus...$500 we wouldn't do that much with it..probably pay the taxes, get my daugher some pants, and the woven wire.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I'm getting bees this spring! There is really no down side to having bees, that I can see. Increased pollination for my trees and gardens , honey and wax yield, and easy to care for compared to other types of livestock....make their own food, clean out their own living quarters, and take minimal tending while producing a valuable byproduct. :thumbsup Good investment!

AND keeping bees is as old as time....makes one feel like they are perpetuating an age old cycle, of living close to the earth and the creatures thereof.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
QA, do you have a Goodwill near you? They run 50% off sales frequently making the kids clothes only a $1. Maybe you could find some in your DD's size there.

me&thegals

Reaction score
Beekissed said:
I'm getting bees this spring! There is really no down side to having bees, that I can see. Increased pollination for my trees and gardens , honey and wax yield, and easy to care for compared to other types of livestock....make their own food, clean out their own living quarters, and take minimal tending while producing a valuable byproduct. :thumbsup Good investment!

AND keeping bees is as old as time....makes one feel like they are perpetuating an age old cycle, of living close to the earth and the creatures thereof.
When I talk to people at my market, they make it sound like you have to buy a LOT of stuff to be a beekeeper. I'm sure you've got some tricks up your sleeve for being a beekeeper without spending a lot of money, right? :)

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Yea, I guess getting bees would be a great idea with the money, that's something that will last you, give you enjoyment, and some pocket change when it's time to sell the honey. Some days I make more on honey and eggs than I do teaching. It won't feed us, but it will feed the chickens and help out a bit around here! It's an investment for yourself.

me&thegals

Reaction score
I love the idea of taking a relatively small amount of cash, investing it in something (beekeeping stuff, seeds, chickens), putting in the work and not only coming out with something to enjoy yourself (honey, vegetables, eggs) but enough to sell to at more than cover your own costs. Gets addictive :)