IF we get a stimulus check?

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
wish I could afford to bury money in the backyard...not yet, maybe next year ...:plbb---yea right!

I didn't hear about a stimulus check. I thought I heard yes, but then I heard NO.......so I forgot about it.

$500 for each or top of$1000 per family.

Hmm...OK---$1000---it would go into my emergency fund. I won't pay down debt with this stimulus check. Bad times are still coming and I want some emergency money in the bank. I can keep attacking my debt as I am doing, but if anything happens with Tony's job I have to have money. So just hanging on to it and not touching it.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
safest place around here to hide money is under the fabric softner sheets...yup, right in the box. Dh finds it everywhere else:>)

farmerlor

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We would definitely put it towards the credit card. We used our emergency credit card to pay some bills when our daughter had to have her gall bladder taken out unexpectedly. Now we've gotten notice from the credit card company that even though we've never been even close to being late on a payment and we've always paid more than required they're raising our interest rate. Gotta pay that sucker off and quick.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
MorelCabin said:
safest place around here to hide money is under the fabric softner sheets...yup, right in the box. Dh finds it everywhere else:>)
That would NEVER work in my house!! DH would be the first one to find it there...or the boys! I rarely do laundry...especially since I am on bedrest...but DH is obsessed with using fabric softner sheets!! He gets it from his mom...you should see how many she uses!!! :ep

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
We rarely use them, and only i go in the laundry room, so it works well here...until my DD shows up to do her laundry that is...
My sister uses the liquid and the sheets for every load...one thing that impressed me about that is the way her dishtowels smell when they hit a wet dish...mmmmm. So i do it for dishtowels and sometimes towels if we have company coming, but NEVER for underclothes or bed sheets because it really isn't good for you.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
We have not used them in a while just because I do not feel they are a necessity right now so I cut them out of the grocery budget. If our finances loosen up a little bit I will probably start buying them again.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I use the blue dryer balls...they are wonderful! I've had the same set for 2 years now. With my homemade detergent the laundry is already pretty soft, but the dryer balls work great at speeding up the dry time and softening clothing further. I've not had one episode of static cling since using them....and I heat with wood which makes for a pretty dry house!

A little side note on dryer sheets...the oils in them contribute towards fires in lint traps and also leave spots on your clothing. If you empty your lint trap and hold it under your spigot and gently run water over it~and the water stands on top of the screen instead of going through~your dryer is a fire hazard. The oils from your fabric softener is building up and creates a great place for a spark to ignite. Got that info from my brother, the fireman, who is up on the whole fire thingy! ;)

If you throw a dryer sheet into a dryer that is already warm/hot, the oils from the sheets will leave spots on your clothing instead of distributing it evenly, as it would in a cool dryer.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
I thought the disclaimer on the box says that fabric softner sheets are not supposed to come in contact with clothing or fabric.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We would definitely put it towards the credit card. We used our emergency credit card to pay some bills when our daughter had to have her gall bladder taken out unexpectedly. Now we've gotten notice from the credit card company that even though we've never been even close to being late on a payment and we've always paid more than required they're raising our interest rate. Gotta pay that sucker off and quick.

****mine tried to do that. They sent me a notice saying it was increasing. I called and said NOPE....if it does then I am cancelling and they kept it the same for another 6 months. THAT WAS all the time I needed to pay the card off.....and when the interest went up in 6 months after that...I cancelled the card and opened a lower one.

worked for me.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
I use the blue dryer balls...they are wonderful! I've had the same set for 2 years now. With my homemade detergent the laundry is already pretty soft, but the dryer balls work great at speeding up the dry time and softening clothing further. I've not had one episode of static cling since using them....and I heat with wood which makes for a pretty dry house!

A little side note on dryer sheets...the oils in them contribute towards fires in lint traps and also leave spots on your clothing. If you empty your lint trap and hold it under your spigot and gently run water over it~and the water stands on top of the screen instead of going through~your dryer is a fire hazard. The oils from your fabric softener is building up and creates a great place for a spark to ignite. Got that info from my brother, the fireman, who is up on the whole fire thingy! ;)

If you throw a dryer sheet into a dryer that is already warm/hot, the oils from the sheets will leave spots on your clothing instead of distributing it evenly, as it would in a cool dryer.
Now that is good information Bee, thanks for sharing all this about the fabric softener.
I have the dryer balls as well, when I can fund them...the dog finds those things and uses them as a chew toy...