I'll be going Super off grid..I'm getting Solar

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My ex’s grandparents had a Cervel propane gas refrigerator. Propane gas heater, single lightbulb in the center of the ceiling and maybe 2 wall outlets per room. We bought their place after his grandparents passed. The toilet came with a jug of antifreeze for sub freezing nights-to keep the tank from freezing and busting. :lol:

You are already living the life you love, part time. Congratulations on making the move to full time. Can you get a gas refrigerator and/or freezer in Australia?

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Modern deep freezers don't use much power, especially if you keep them pretty full. Fill jugs with water to fill space if the food gets low.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I had satellite TV and a different satellite for internet in Lindale. Here I still have satellite TV, but a land phone line for internet. It’s $50 cheaper than satellite internet. The land phone line is for 911. I can receive calls on it, but if I call out, it’s fifty cents a call. I use my cell phone for calls.

Does Starlink do both TV and internet?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I shall be making one of those as well 😆. There is a rising hill above my build site.

i've always thought it made perfect sense and then i've also been around places with leaky walls and floors, so drainage is a very important consideration. exterior retaining wall, gap and then raised up interior floor so there is always drainage around and out. :) good luck, study and plan carefully.

also, you don't want the hillside coming down on your hard work. gravity always wins at least until we find out that black holes explode or something...