In a TOTAL banking meltdown..............

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
kcsunshine said:
My husband plows up a little more every year. Might just have to take an extra big chunk this year. A lawn is highly overated!
We have slowly grow our garden from originally being 10x20, to over 50x100 last year. This year we will be adding an additional 50x100 area for melons and pumpkins.

And you are definitely correct in my opinion, a lawn is indeed highly over rated! :D

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
Ok, most of you know that I am not exactly an optimist when it comes to the state of our economy. Every time the subject comes up, the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. However, I have always held a glimmer of hope that I was just suffering from a form of deep paranoia, and that I'd eventually be diagnosed and put on some "happy meds".

This evening I looked at some charts that, if they are correct, actually scared me. Honestly scared me.

Below is a link to a blog called Nathan's Economic Edge. I know that people have a tendency (in their blogs) to distort things in way that they fit their own perception of reality, but the charts come from the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis,.

Nathan's Economic Edge

I would really appreciate someone telling me why I am crazy to be worried. Anyone?

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Now you've gone and done it! I woke up this a.m. feeling pretty good - no rain, sun might even shine, and then your news on the economy....I'm going back to bed and cover my head! Thanks :hide

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I would really appreciate someone telling me why I am crazy to be worried. Anyone?
You're asking the wrong person here.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
here's the thing that i'm concerned about.... almost everyone i know has been impacted (negatively) by all of this... and i'm sorry but i just dont believe that the stock market has 'recovered' by itself. that just doesnt add up to me. i'm thinking a double dip (or is it triple now) is just waiting in the wings.

while i'm glad they extended the unemployment benefits again, to me that just screams "it aint over yet and we know it"

i know there is a lag between the 'recovery' and jobs.. but without jobs i dont see how the recovery has any legs to stand on.

skeptically yours,
ofg

ksalvagno

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I wish I could say you were nuts but alas I can't. All we can do is prepare ourselves as best as possible and hope that this holds out long enough for at least some people to get their debt paid down and ready with their gardens and such.

On Our own

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Look I am as skeptical as the rest of you or I wouldn't be here. And I believe most of what is on chrismartenson.com

Having said that: the debt to GDP ratio has been worse before. so I am not one of the focus on the debt people. It isn't the debt that is the problem - seriously it isn't. It is the banking system and it's stranglehold on the republic. That is why I worry about sites and groups like Nathan's edge that are aiming their vitriol in the wrong direction.

Like I hear people all freaking out about the welfare cheat or some one collecting unemployment that they think should be working. Who cares? Those people cannot even come close to stealing as much as the banksters did and are continuing to do. Goldman profited on the way up and profited on the way down. They have learned how to make crashing a country's economy profitable. They did it to Iceland, they did it to Greece, they almost did it here. But, if you look those countries are still standing. Riots yes, government issues yes, societal breakdown? No.

People use dollars because they believe in them and they won't give that up any time soon.

redux

Off to other pastures
Reaction score
The real reason that you shouldn't worry is that worrying doesn't accomplish anything. It just makes you sick.

Just prepare the best you can and enjoy your life while you can.