In a TOTAL banking meltdown..............

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
And, just to keep up the cheery tone this morning.

Check out this article.

CBO report: Debt will rise to 90% of GDP

The Congressional Budget Office is stating that, as things stand now (providing we don't further increase future deficits - YEAH RIGHT!), the US debt will reach 90% of the US Gross Domestic Product in 15 years.

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The reason you have to purchase car insurance is because you are driving around a deadly weapon at 50 to 70 miles per hour and you put lots of people in jeopardy. If you don't have insurance then those other people have to pay for your failure..

Drivng is a privilige provided through driving safely and legally.

Ditto for car seats. If one can't be responsible to protect a child then maybe one shouldn't have any.

Go work in an ER for a while and just look at what comes in. Most people would be running out the door puking on the way.

On the other hand insurance is repulsive to me because it forces me to purchase products and services that have been proven to be failures to me. When the insurance allows me to purchase ANY kind of healthservice I want then maybe I might get more supportive

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
And for this month's chuckle...

Released to Near Silence, the U.S. Treasury 2009 Financial Report Shows Dire Course

"If you listen to certain politicians and talking heads you might get the impression that the federal fiscal sky is falling. Unfortunately, unlike Chicken Little, they may be right."

This is a good article, written by a respected professor and accountant, about what the bean counters at the U.S. Treasury are reporting on the state of our economic health.

ETA the following links... just to brighten your day.

14 Pieces Of Really Bad News For The U.S. Economy

U.S. military warns of oil production shortage by 2015