indian Corn

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I love corn...unfortunately we don't eat a lot of corn products. However I've got some of that colored corn seed that a generous person sent me (thanks again) that I fully intend to plant and harvest and make my own corn cakes and corn bread out of. Eternal optimist and spring is only a couple months away!

I hope your comes to and you get plenty.of big ears.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I call those cornmeal pancakes, the recipe is faintly different.

I make hot water cornbread. It's cornmeal and boiling water to make a paste. You can add either salt or sugar, chopped onion, jalapeno, cream corn...…..but the basic is cornmeal and boiling water.

Patty up or do a drop from a spoon into hot fat. Fry on both sides and eat!

:idunno you mean like like hush puppies? :idunno

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
What's left for storage after grinding a bunch of guarts and giving it away to some of the family.

IMG_20181127_203252130.jpg

My wife said to put these little moisture sucking packets in each jar, so I did. The kernels are very dry now, hopefully they will stay that way.
IMG_20181127_203301536.jpg

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Those are for removing Oxygen, they will hep prevent molding and help the jars seal.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I call those cornmeal pancakes, the recipe is faintly different.

I make hot water cornbread. It's cornmeal and boiling water to make a paste. You can add either salt or sugar, chopped onion, jalapeno, cream corn...…..but the basic is cornmeal and boiling water.

Patty up or do a drop from a spoon into hot fat. Fry on both sides and eat!

Man sounds del
You got a good crop of corn!

Hopefully I'll do better next year now that I kind of know what to expect. Very easy corn to grow but it get very tall so I'll have to stake the ends of the rows and use baling twine to help support it.

Latest posts