Info on dehydrating, shipping and rehydrating kefir grains

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
delia_peterson said:
big brown horse said:
Just pm me your address and I'll send some out to you and to miss_thenorth too. Lets wait to see if Dace and Delia's work out, they are my research and development team. :D

I simply sent them a small white envelope with the "crack cocaine" looking kefir in a ziplock tucked inside. If this gets shipped with no problem, then it only costs me the price of a stamp.
(By the way gals, I sent your kefir yesterday afternoon. Let me know when you get it and what shape it is in when you get it.)
Ok, BBH..I will let let you know right after the SWAT team leaves my house....
:gig I'm starting to regret that I put my name AND address in the return address section. :hide

steve_of_sandspoultry

Turkey Steve
Reaction score
If you have never tried Kefir I highly recommend it. I have always been one to doubt things like this but it really is good. I had some Kefir grains for breakfast this morning. :)

Steve

delia_peterson

Covered in Compost
Reaction score
steve_of_sandspoultry said:
If you have never tried Kefir I highly recommend it. I have always been one to doubt things like this but it really is good. I had some Kefir grains for breakfast this morning. :)

Steve
I can't wait to get mine! :ya How did you fix them? :hu

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
I dont even buy yogurt anymore.

I use the kefir in place of sour cream. It is a bit runnier, but I dont care. You can use it to make dips and salad dressings too.

Before I cut back on carbs, I would swirl raw honey in it...YUM!!

You can eat the grains if you have enough, they taste like tapioca. Before I found anyone who wanted them, I just ate the left overs. Don't forget to save some of them though to make more kefir. :)

steve_of_sandspoultry

Turkey Steve
Reaction score
I just eat the grains as is, kind of sour tasting but you get used to it. Sharon makes a smoothie out of the milk, I just drink some of the milk.

Steve

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
BBH, drain that kefir through a cloth (t-shirt material works great) and you will get something nice and thick like sour cream. It is wonderful as a dip or salad dressing, flavored with whatever you like.

Plus the best whey....but you are doing this already, no?

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Wow, so a crack house sent out my order and I can expect some healthy drug sniffing dogs along with SWAT to come knocking at my door wondering why my crack worked wonders on their dogs over night?

Just like medicinal marijuana, soon their will be keifr crack dispensaries....hey! We may be onto something here..... :gig

Ever since the clark kent/ superman analogy I have been using store bought in my smoothies, but to be honest I am a little bit afraid of it. So some of you just drink it straight up?

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I don't drink it straight up....bleh!

We had a cop come to our door yesterday and want to come in and look around. Seems that dh was making phone call, called an out of state number, and somehow ended up with the local 911. They have to check out all calls, even misdials.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
freemotion said:
I don't drink it straight up....bleh!

We had a cop come to our door yesterday and want to come in and look around. Seems that dh was making phone call, called an out of state number, and somehow ended up with the local 911. They have to check out all calls, even misdials.
Come on Free, fess up you are running a kefir crack house aren't you?

Latest posts