Instant Pot?

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I broke down and ordered one because 1) I can burn everything in a crockpot, 2) burnt dry venison roast in a crockpot is gross, 3) I hope it will help me cook more by eliminating stovetop cooking that I can't do most the time because of health problems.

Apparently Instant Pot can cook hunks of meat without even thawing them out first?!

I'm excited to try the yogurt maker function. I have trouble keeping yogurt warm enough for the whole incubation period.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I've never even heard of an instant pot. I am searching for a yogurt maker for milking season though....

How do you burn things in a crockpot? That's like a whole new talent!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
How do you burn things in a crockpot? That's like a whole new talent!

Yes, I am verrry talented at burning food. If it was a marketable skill, I'd be rich. :gig

I haven't seen yogurt makers that can make a whole pot at a time. I tried using a crockpot to incubate yogurt with instructions I found online. Didn't work out well. My mom has a system rigged up that involves yogurt-cultured milk in mason jars in a cooler filled with hot water and blanketed. Or something. It's complicated and I get lost in the details.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yeah someone tried to explain a similar method to me, but I've never felt comfortable relying on blankets or hot water bottles to make dairy products! My husband found one that makes a few jars at a time, which is all I need!

It's OK... I don't think I've ever not overcooked poultry in my life so... We're even lol!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Instant Pot has arrived. IT CAN PASTUERIZE MILK! I'm officially in love. And I need to get a dairy goat doeling this spring?

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I got something similar- it's a Vita-Clay Smart Multi-Crock n' Stock Pot. Not quite a crock pot as it's not as vapor-tight as the usual crock pot. It's a stock pot, "fast" slow/cooker, slow cooker, steamer, hot cereal maker, and yogurt maker. What I like is the porcelain insert is ultra pure, with just a water glaze, so there are NO heavy metals that might leach into the food.

eta: this was my birthday present from DH :weee

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Umm I have an electric pressure cooker I've used like twice, then I lost the cord... But I think I can make yogurt in it too! What? That's the craziest thing I've heard in a while and I must go find out more. I am no help but I'm glad you posted this thread! :lol:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I had never heard of the Instant pot until a couple days ago and I think I read it here. I looked it up but haven't investigated thoroughly - however - it might be something I NEEEEEEED! I'll investigate further at some point.

Latest posts